2.4

{4292 Words}

[Recap]
Perfect. I'll send it tomorrow.

[The deck of the steamer ship]

[Gilbert's POV]

I have decided to come home and I'm going to  bring Bash with me. Bash seems excited about it.

"What of you? I like our change of plans, Doc. Canada. Excited to go." Bash says coming up next to me.

"You're daring, coming to this level of the deck. Fireman hears about you coming up here, you can expect trouble." I tell Bash as we stare at the Ocean.

"I can live down trouble. I want to see where I'm headed for once. Feel the wind on my face. Avonlea ahead of me. Ten years on this ship humpin' coal. I earned this. Besides, what they going to do? Sack me? Toss me overboard? Worst-case scenario, I get the latrine." Bash says.

"If my choices were that or latrine duty, I might take my chances with the Atlantic." I say as I look at Bash, this is gonna be great, At least I won't be alone now.

"Choices. I like that word. Things are going to change startin' right now." Bash says, he isn't optimistic usually so this is a shocker.

"Yeah." I agree.

('̀-'́)

[At the school]

[Y/n's POV]

"Quiet, all of you. Settle down, everyone." Mr. Phillips tells the class.

"I think Diana made a very convincing prince." Anne says.

"Me, too." Ruby agrees. Anne invited us to her horse to play parlor games. I told her I couldn't, as much fun as it sounds I'd rather skip.

"I was going for daring, dashing, and a little bit wicked." Diana says.

"Well, who needs real boys when we have Prince Wisteria?" Ruby questions.

"What are you talking about?" Josie Pye intrudes, I have a feeling she's not gonna like their idea of parlor games.

"Anne invited us over for an afternoon of parlor games." Ruby tells her.

"All of you?" Josie questions. "Parlor games? Without boys? Fine for you. I'm far too mature for such childish amusements."

[At school the next morning]

I heard Josie forced everyone to play her dumb spin the bottle game. She did say I had to go but I thought it was best not to and didn't show up. Glad I dodged that. Doesn't sound fun, Plus I wouldn't want to kiss any of the boys at school.

Anne showed up to school with umm how do I say this.. very different hair.

"What do you think?" Anne asks.

"It looks different" I say.

"Well... You hold your head with such an air." Diana adds.