T W E L V E

"Sirius!" Lily came barging into the boy's dorm to find Sirius sitting in his bed reading?

"Yes, Lils?" He asked. Lily looked at him like he was a psychopath, which could very well be true.

"Why has Remus tried to make me promise him to keep you here tonight when we both know full well what tonight is?" Lily stormed over to him and yanked the book out of his hands.

"Because Remus and I had a little fight today," Lily looked shocked. It was rare that those two every fought, "It was stupid, but I know he wants me as far away from his wolf side tonight."

"And you're actually listening to him for once?!" She screamed, throwing his book across the room.

"Didn't have to throw my book," He muttered while grabbing it from the other end of the room and settling back down on his bed to fake read again.

"The one time you listen to someone is the one time you shouldn't!" Lily practically banged her head on the wall in frustration.

"When did I say I was listening to him?" Sirius asked in a monotone voice.

"You didn't have to! You sitting here instead of being with the rest of them is enough!" Lily looked about ready to rip out her own hair. She was beyond pissed with Sirius Black right now.

"Will you take like one hundred deep breaths and then realize I would never leave Remus with those dummies alone on a full moon?" Sirius kept 'reading' his book, trying to act like he wasn't freaking out inside.

Lily went to respond, but someone else came into the room instead, "Alright, Sirius, you ready?" Harry came in and looked around, "Hey Lily," he smiled at her, "Are you coming with?" It was actually extremely easy for Harry to switch back to her first name. He knew it would be weird to call her by anything else, but he needed to say it to her once. But since he never really got to call her 'mom' when he was younger, he had no problem at all, switching back to her first name.

"Going where?"

"The Shrieking Shack, obviously," Sirius replied with a roll of his eyes.

"Actually, she probably shouldn't," Harry said in an apologetic tone, "It's safe for animagus' but not for anyone else."

"Are you an animagus, Harry?" Lily asked in interest. She figured she wouldn't get to learn much about her son in the future, so she figured she'd learn now.

"Nope, but I've been sneaking into the Shrieking Shack for Remus' change for years. I know how to handle it."

"How will he not see you?" Lily asked, "Because if he sees you, he might freak out. He doesn't know, you know."

"Ah... my father left me a very fun possession that I got for Christmas one year," Harry pulled out the cloak and smiled. He was glad that the day he got sent back in time, he had been roaming the castle after hours and brought his cloak along.

"The invisibility cloak!" Sirius yelled, "Damn, I thought James was going to leave that for me!" Sirius said it in a joking way - probably to clear up the anxiety he had from the full moon.

"Family heirloom dummy," Harry replied. Lily just watched and smiled softly.

"You two be safe, yeah?"

"Yes, mom," Sirius replied sarcastically and then looked at Harry, "Oh my god, that wouldn't be sarcastic coming out of your mouth!" He was laughing and looking at Harry, who was just shaking his head.

"We will," Harry said instead, before grabbing Sirius' hand and apparating them to the Shrieking Shack.

* * * *