S I X T E E N

Halloween was quite the event for muggles. Parties, costumes, getting candy from strangers - which was ironic because Sirius could have sworn that was like something they taught muggle children specifically to NOT do.

For witches and wizards, Halloween was about ten times crazier - especially for The Marauders. It was the one night a year that they could pull pranks on muggles using REAL magic, and the muggles would just think it was some spooky Halloween shit.

Plus, they got free candy and awesome parties. Each house was allowed to have a party, and each had a reputation for a specific vibe.

Hufflepuffs had the throwback music and an endless pile of everyone's favorite candy. The Ravenclaws had a giant murder mystery game they played each year that got increasingly more challenging and intriguing. The Slytherins had the loud music, the drugs, the alcohol, the best party games, and of course, the most eloquent attire. They were classy, though, and honestly, just there for a good ass time. The Gryffindor party always had a bunch of underage drinking, which led to games that went south fast due to everyone trying to outdo each other. They also had loud ass music, but it wasn't blow-your-eardrums-out loud - like the Slytherins. You could still hear someone next to you, but you could also scream the lyrics as loud as you wanted without worrying about everyone hearing your awful scream-singing voice.

All of the parties were equally incredible and enjoyable, it was purely based on what you preferred. Most students stayed with their house, but a few preferred the more sober environment that the Hufflepuffs offered or the mystery involved with the Ravenclaws. If you wanted to lose yourself in the night, you attended the Slytherins, and if you wanted to drink but also hang out and play cards, you'd find yourself mingling with the Gryffindors.

Each house had an unspoken rule to leave house rivalries out of the parties, and it was magical. When Sirius tried to explain this to Harry, Harry was confused. He'd only ever spent Halloween blackout drunk in the Gryffindor common room or up in his room.

"We found something crazy, though, back in fourth-year," Sirius was telling him. "The sweet innocent Hufflepuffs, they ain't so innocent. They've got the strongest fucking liquor in there. It's just that they all have some crazy fucking self-control because practically none of them are drunk out of their minds" Sirius snickered at a memory of him and James stealing their liquor back in fifth-year. "Don't get me wrong though, there were definitely a few Hufflepuffs that were far past just tipsy, there were just way less of them"

"People underestimate Hufflepuffs" Remus joined into the conversation, "They can be wild, but they are also like the Moms, so it's an interesting dynamic"

As everyone became more and more hyped up for Halloween, Harry began dreading the day. He had never had a good Halloween. Every year it was the same. Hermione and Ron would try to drag him to the house party, and he would go for a few minutes. Ron would try to hand him a drink, and sometimes he would take it; then another, and then another, until he was passed out and completely oblivious to the fact that it was the anniversary of his parents death. Other nights, Ron would try to hand him a drink to 'lighten up', and Harry would politely decline before going back into his room and looking through pictures of his parents. No matter which path he walked down, it always ended with him crying and creating a list of useless regrets in his life. Ways he felt like he was a disappointment to them.

"Are we still going out?" Peter asked as he came into the room and flopped down on a couch.

"Like to go terrify muggles?" James asked.

"Yeah, like pranks and stuff. Are we still doing that?"

"Hell yeah we are, Pete. It's a tradition!" He turned to Harry and Draco, "You boys joining us on our little trip?"