F O U R T E E N

"When do you want to go back?" Harry asked Draco when they were finally alone in the common room. Everyone had either gone to bed or was in the hospital wing, probably - hopefully Harry thought - snogging Remus senseless.

"What do you mean?" He asked, turning to look at Harry, who was tugging at the hem of his shirt nervously.

"Like how long do you want to stay in this time?" Harry wasn't really sure what answer he expected nor wanted, but he was nervous anyway. Draco furrowed his eyebrows and thought for a minute. He figured he didn't have much to go back to anyway. He missed his mom, but that was about it. Maybe he missed Pansy's annoying obsession with reminding him of his stupid obsession with Harry Potter, but he was also enjoying being in a much less stressful environment.

"Don't you have people you want to go back to?" He asked Harry, who shrugged.

"Sirius asked me the same question earlier, but to be fair, almost everyone who I miss is already here, plus my parents, which is an obvious added bonus" Draco just nodded and turned to the cozy fire - that was one thing he really liked about the Gryffindor house (Although he'd never admit it, obviously). The fire was always going on cold nights, and it made the room not only warm but extremely cozy. As much as he hated the red overload, he had to admit that the room gave him a fuzzy feeling inside... or maybe that was Harry who was smiling gently at him from across the couch. Either way, he much liked it in comparison to the overly cold dungeons the Slytherins called home.

"Well, I don't have much to go back to, so really it's up to you" Draco smiled at Harry, who frowned.

"You were supposed to give me the answer," He whined.

"Just choose a date," Draco responded with a laugh.

"But I'm not sure when I'll be ready to go back to reality," Harry sighed.

"Harry, this is reality. This isn't some dream"

"But it feels like it, and I'm kinda unsure that I ever wanna wake up" Draco looked at him confused and tilted his head.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't want to go back to the watchful eyes of the media, or to my dead parents, or to being the golden boy, or to having to fight with Malfoy instead of being able to cuddle him"

"I thought you said you liked me being your enemy" Draco laughed at the other boy who was practically hiding his face in his hands out of embarrassment now. Harry hadn't meant to say that last part. 

"I did, but now I want this version of you" He peeked out from behind his hands and looked at Draco, who was just shaking his head with a soft smile.

"Well I quite prefer this version of you as well" Harry smiled, so Draco added, "Much less talking" Harry smacked his arm, "And I don't have to hear you awful insults" Another smack, "And I don't have to see your two sidekicks" Smack, "You whine less," Smack, "You actually use your head sometimes because you don't have Hermione to solve all of your problems" No smack, "Wait, you're supposed to hit my arm" he looked to Harry. The latter was looking at him with the softest eyes. "What?"

Harry noticed that Draco didn't use Hermione's last name, and also not that god-awful name about her blood status. Harry couldn't help but look at Draco like he'd just done something life-changing, because to Harry, this meant a hell of a lot.

"What?" Draco asked again.

"Nothing," Harry replied with a shake of his head. Draco just shuffled closer and squinted his eyes.

"What" Closer, "Is" Noses touching, "It?" He tried so hard to look menacing, but Harry was too caught up in the way Draco's breath was floating across his face and the way Draco's gray eyes seemed so much more intense this close up. Harry tilted his head just a little, and Draco smiled as well.