O N E

"Moony?" Sirius walked down the stairs into the common room. It was three in the morning and when he woke up, he didn't see Remus in bed, so he wandered downstairs to try and find him.

"Down here, Pads" Remus called up the stairs from his little armchair. Remus stared at the glowing fire in front of him and curled up on himself even more.

Sirius finally made it downstairs to find Remus in his favorite chair by the fire. The sight made Sirius smile, and pull his leather jacket around himself even tighter.

"Hey," Sirius said quietly as he walked towards Remus. Remus on the other hand seemed to hide his face in the thin blanket he had on.

"Hi," Remus replied in a small voice.

"What's got you up so late?"

"Just thinking," Sirius nodded, and stood next to the chair, waiting for his best friend to finally look at him.

"Remus?" Sirius tried.

"Sirius?" Remus replied in the same tone.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing"

"I know that's a lie" Sirius lifted part of the blanket and slid into the armchair fit for one. Remus scooched over a bit and made space for Sirius who did this often.

In the end, Sirius ended up sprawled across the bigger boy who was holding Sirius against his chest. Remus was still hiding his face off to the side though, and that made Sirius confused, curious, and a bit hurt.

"Moons?" Sirius reached up and tapped Remus' chin a bit.

"I'm sorry," Remus broke a bit.

"There's nothin' to be sorry about," Sirius replied seriously.

"I-I'm sorry," Remus' voice broke and Sirius was becoming increasingly more and more worried about the beautiful boy next to him.

Sirius held the other boy's chin and turned his head so that he could see Remus' face. His eyes were closed and his face was scrunched, but Sirius saw the gash on Remus' cheek. How had he not seen this earlier?

"Glamour" Remus answered the question as if he had read Sirius' mind.

"Open your eyes" He whispered. Remus thought for a minute, and then finally opened his eyes and was met by Sirius' gray ones. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by Sirius, "You are beautiful" he whispered.

"I'm hideous" He responded.

"No" Sirius reached up and began lightly tracing the scar on Remus' cheek. Remus shivered under his touch and his eyes closed again.

"Why are you awake?" Remus asked, in hopes of changing the subject.

"Had to use the bathroom, and I saw you were out of bed. Had to make sure you were okay"

"Well, here I am, and I'm just fine"

"Yeah, sure ya are"

"I am" Remus defended himself.

"Well too bad, I'm staying" Sirius crossed his arms over his chest.

"I never said you had to leave" Remus smiled down at the boy on his lap. God, he was so badly in love with Sirius. Too bad Sirius was straight as a ruler and hot as hell. It meant that every single girl - and gay guy - was all over him. Although Sirius never seemed to actually go on any dates with anyone, that didn't stop him from occasionally winking at a girl who was swooning at his feet.