T W E N T Y - O N E

Harry woke up with a start the following morning. The haunting of Cedric dying playing behind his eyelids. Harry frowned and turned over to see Draco still snoring softly beside him. His hair was tousled and his breathing was coming out in little adorable huffs. Harry wanted to reach out and push the hair behind his ear, but he also didn't want to wake Draco up. He did that too often due to his nightmares, and he was extremely happy that he hadn't screamed aloud this time.

Harry shuffled out of bed and looked around the dorm. His father was sleeping peacefully, but besides that, all the other beds were empty. He quickly checked the time to discover it was only six in the morning. He wondered where everyone was. He assumed Sirius and Remus were still 'talking', and almost snorted out loud at that thought. He was crossing his fingers that they did far more than simply talk, but he would have to find out later.

Speaking of Remus, he would have to tell him about the whole time-travel thing today, as Remus was rather adamant about learning their 'secrets' the day before. Harry slipped into one of Draco's green jumpers and pulled on a pair of sweatpants before making his way out of the dorm and through the empty common room.

He was wondering where Peter was, until he found him sitting at the Gryffindor table in the great hall, all alone.

Harry hated the boy Peter became, but as he looked at the boy hunched over at the table and pushing a pile of scrambled eggs around his plate, Harry had to wonder who Peter was before he betrayed the people who loved him, who trusted him. The blonde boy had a frown on his face and Harry bit his lip in contemplation. Then, Harry sighed and walked over to sit across from Peter who abruptly looked up with wide eyes before relaxing when it was only Harry.

"Good morning, Peter" Harry tried to say nonchalantly as he grabbed a piece of toast.

"'Morning Harry" Peter replied back with a shy smile. Harry looked at Peter for a long time. He decided it was about time he found out what it was about Peter that drew his father to trust him with his life. Surely, he decided, there were some redeeming qualities. And besides, Peter wasn't a death eater yet. He still had a bit to go until he turned to that side. Maybe Harry could classify the Peter now and the Peter he knew in the future as different people.

"Why are you up so early?" Harry asked in curiosity.

"Couldn't sleep"

"Me either" Harry replied honestly.

"Nightmares?" Peter tilted his head to the side.

"Yeah..." Harry murmured and Peter only nodded and took a bit of bacon.

"I have them too"

"What are yours about?" Harry blurted out and then began apologizing, "Sorry, not my business"

"Eh, it's all right," Peter sighed and wrung his hands together, "Promise not to make fun of me?"

"Promise" Harry replied because his curiosity had peaked.

"I have nightmares about James dying a lot" Peter looked down almost shamefully and Harry was stuck between yelling, 'That's rich coming from you' and comforting the boy. He almost reluctantly went with the latter.

"I dream about Draco dying sometimes. It's not very pleasant" It was true, too. Sometimes his whole dream was simply Draco lying on the floor with a puddle of blood pooling around him. He always woke up sobbing, and he was beyond grateful that Draco was always right next to him when he woke up so he could confirm that the annoying, attractive, posh-boy was still alive, and happy, and there.

"I'm sorry" Peter replied solemnly.

"Me too" Harry smiled at him and tilted his head. He studied the boy.