Chapter 17

Ocean

They say that wounds that cannot be seen hurt the most. . .

It takes them the longest to heal. . .

And the scars they leave can last forever.

The next morning I went to work dressed in my best suit. Suit called- I'm ‚‚okay‚‚. It worked out for me that Jaxon didn't come to office today, so I didn't have to pretend in front of him that everything was fine.

Like I wasn't almost killed last night in the middle of nowhere.

Somehow, he could always smell my nervousness and see when I'm not really my own. Although he has never pushed me to open up to him and strip naked to the end. Unlike Kaden.

I'm waiting for you in my office after work.

I looked away from the phone and wrapped the scarf around my neck, getting up from my chair. I turned off the lights and taking one last look at my desk and office,  I left.

The night had already fallen by the time I found myself in front of his building. A skyscraper soaring into the sky, tearing through the thick, dark clouds inevitably heralded my fall from a great height.

The reception was empty. Looks like it's just him and me. With each step I took toward his office, my heart pounded and contracted like wild horse.

My future awaited me behind those massive, wooden doors and even though they were closed, I could see everything clearly through them.

My future was written down to the smallest detail. But there were things I didn't know. . . and the time will come when they will reveal themselves to me. We can never know everything.

I corrected my posture and without knocking opened the door behind which my savior sat in a dark room. The savior who saved me from the clutches of the enemy and who will soon quietly catch me in his.

''I came.''

His smile broke through the dark threads of the room.

"I knew you'd come before you knew it yourself."

I sat in a chair across from him, almost tossing my purse on the table.

"Let's finish this."

He turned his chair towards me, leaning on his elbows and tilting his head in my direction. He looked somewhat tired, but still equally attractive and desirable.

He smiled at me a little wickedly, his bright smile radiating from his face and acting hypnotizing on me. Get a grip girl.

"Honey, we haven't even started anything and you would like to finish it?"

He leaned back in his chair and reached for the table. The sound of door lock cracked, and after unlocking the drawer, he pulled out a leather folder and placed it in front of him. He placed both palms on the folder, looking me straight in the eyes.

"But the moment we start. . . you'll beg me not to stop. Believe me."

And then he winked at me. What an conceited asshole! He has such a high opinion of himself.

'' Listen Kaden, my clock is ticking. Let's finish this formal part, because I have a deadline. Literally DEAD- line. "

He smirked as he opened the folder.

"You need to sign this agreement which regulates certain rights and obligations that apply to both parties."

He handed the folder to me.  I pulled it closer and after I finally managed to take my eyes off his alluring features, I immersed myself in the lines of letters that lined up in front of me and wrote my destiny.