Chapter 39

Ocean

Holding the purse tightly in my hands and playing with my fingers, I could hardly wait for the elevator door to open. I rushed out into the street, making my way through the sea of ​​business people. When I finally got outside, I took a deep breath.

Oxygen slowly reached every cell of mine, filling me with serenity. When I opened my eyes, I saw the well known Rolls Royce Phantom parked in front of me and Jacob standing beside.

'' Good afternoon Miss Ocean. Shall we go? "

Jacob addressed me kindly and opened the car door for me. By the time I settled down comfortably and leaned my head against the glass, Jacob had already started the engine and we sailed through the gray asphalt.

All the way to Kaden, I was breaking my head about what to do. The matter became too complicated as the maze of secrets I hid from him.

I shook my head. I can't. Ian said he would hurt everyone whom I told about him. Kaden is not from the world of the mafia, he would not know how to react adequately, unlike Jaxon.

But. . . should I tell him that Jaxon is my brother. . . again it entails a ton of complicated mafia-related stories. I came to the conclusion that I would simply feel the moment when I think we are both ready for the truth. Stripping ourselves to the bottom.

My mental agitation was interrupted by stopping the car.

"Miss Ocean, we're here."

I stared blankly at Jacob, who had already arrived to open the door for me and reach out to get out of the car.

I just smiled politely at him and accepted his help.

'' Thank you Jacob. Goodbye.''

As I made my way to his house, the front door opened wide and revealed Kaden.

A wide smile that revealed perfectly white teeth and a short beard adorned his divine face. I have never seen him in such a relaxed edition before. He was wearing Nike tracksuits. The black lower part of the tracksuit perfectly accentuated the cream-gold sweatshirt under which the white T-shirt could be seen.

And I knew very well what was hiding under that shirt. Perfectly carved muscles that slide perfectly under my fingers.

Quite unexpectedly, he approached me and wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me into the air and spinning me. I giggled and hugged him tightly, absorbing his toxic scent.

He dropped me to the floor, nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck.

''I've missed you.''

''I missed you too. More than you can imagine. "

We said not breaking the hug. We intertwined our fingers and headed to the living room. There was a man waiting for us, reclining comfortably in the sofa.

"Ocean, I want you to meet my best friend, Louis."

The sympathetic young guy stood up and wrapped me in his arms.

"Yo girl, I'm glad to finally meet the woman who managed to tame this beast."

I felt my cheeks blushed to farest extent. I looked at the floor, then at Kaden, who formed next to me and put his arm over my shoulders.

If only Louis knew that this whole taming process had actually begun with a contract between the two of us.

At that thought my heart sank a little, even though we made it clear to each other that the contract thing was now behind us. That our further relationship is  regulated  exclusively  by our feelings towards each other.