Chapter 28

Ocean

You know that feeling when you think that it can't get any worse and you feel like you're starting to drown in a sea of ​​problems that surround you like hungry sharks? When the worst-case scenarios come to your mind and you blame yourself for every wrong decision you make.

Well, don't. Don't do it to yourself. We are not our problems. Don't let them define you. We are above our problems. We are their solution.

The taxi made its way through the thick darkness that roamed through the lonely streets that led me to Kaden. Only a few car headlights would light us up. I clenched my fists anxiously, figuring out in my head what I was going to tell him and how to put an end to all this.

Between my endless thoughts, of course, was a thought about Ian and the task he set for me. Not a thought, but a torrent of them.I got entangled in a web of lies, scams and deals.

I'm already starting to think that my father took the first step, but that I myself went further through the thorns  voluntarily.

"Miss, we've arrived at your destination."

The young taxi driver turned, turning off the taximeter. I looked at the amount I needed to pay him and I took out the money from the wallet.

"Here you are and thank you."

Just as I grabbed the doorknob and wanted to open the car door, I saw a large iron gate open. I stopped and stayed in the car.

The white Audi was slowly leaving the property and under the lantern light I could see perfectly styled blond strands of hair, gleaming behind the glass. That pale complexion and red lips. 

"Miss, is everything all right?"

The young man asked me, since I should have left the vehicle by now. I opened my mouth, taking a breath in interruptions. I swallowed the accumulated anger and disappointment and finally opened the door, turning to face him.

''No it's not. But it will be. Goodbye.''

I got out of the car, watching the rear headlights of the Audi get lost in a cloud of dust. I reached the gate where the security was waiting for me, a man as big and wide as my wardrobe. No kidding.

'' What are you looking for here miss? You know this is private property, don't you? "

I frowned in surprise. These rich people really pay too much attention to their security.

"Mr. Ward is expecting me."

"And you are?"

"Ocean Bailey."

Big guy nodded and mumbled something in his beard, since he was probably wired.

"Please look at the device."

He pulled out a device that shot a laser beam at his click, scanning my face.

"It's all right, miss."

"He will take you to the mansion. "

I blinked a few times, as the light blinded me for a few moments, and turned to the man who was to take me to Kaden. I didn't even notice when he appeared there.

A little dramatic and in my opinion unnecessary. Checking in as if I were entering the secret headquarters of an secret organization. Last time his driver drove me, so I didn't have to face these interrogation tests.I got in the car and soon found myself in front of a well-known wooden door.

I went out and the door began to open, revealing Kaden, who was still in an elegant edition, without a tie and with a pair of buttons undone on his shirt.He didn't have a gram of consideration when he let me pass by his mistress. Did he do it on purpose, to humiliate me? 

With a heart full of rage, I took heavy steps towards him. He put his hands in his pockets and tilted his head to the side when I approached him. I stood right in front of him, looking him straight in his blue vortices.He gently pulled one hand out of his pocket and caressed my cheek with a smile on his face.With a quick movement of my hand, I removed it and earned one questioning look from him.

"Get those dirty hands off me."

I told him through my gritted teeth and I entered the house, bypassing him. I took a few steps and stood in the middle of the wide hallway. He closed the door and turned to me.

''Ocean, what's wrong? Why are you behaving like this?"

I snorted and crossed my arms over my chest. Does he really have the courage to ask me something like this.

"How dare you even ask me something like that?"

He approached me slowly and anger grew in me with each step he took.

"I didn't know you could fall so low."

He put his hands on my shoulders and I quickly scrambled out of his arms.

"Don't touch me!"

"What the fuck is going on with you, Ocean? Will you tell me for the fake sake?"

He started yelling, visibly annoyed by my behavior.

'' Kaden it is over. It's over with us and with our little deal."

He looked at me motionless, studying the expression on my face.

"Calm down, Ocean, and explain to me what this is all about."

"It's about not wanting to be your little toy anymore. I changed my mind. I can't do this. "

''Is that what you mean? That you are my toy? "

He began to slowly circle around me with his hands behind his back. I remained motionless and tried not to look at him.

"Do you think I'd bring you to my house, let you sleep in my bed, just because you're my toy?" 

He stood right behind me, breathing down my neck.

"Do you really think that?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

''I don't care anymore what I mean to you. But one thing I want you to know. "

I turned to him, so our bodies were a few breaths away. I tilted my head and looked into his eyes, pointing and pricking him with my index finger at his chest.

'' I don't want to be the OTHER woman. Neither now nor ever. "

He thought for a moment, then burst out laughing. He leaned toward me, tucking a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Do I sense jealousy?"

He whispered in my ear.

"You can call it jealousy, I call it self-respect."

I put my hand on his chest and pushed him away from me. His closeness can make the situation only worse.

"As far as I can see, your whole show here is because of Aria."

I raised an eyebrow and frowned. Aria?

"Aria, the girl you saw me with today and the one you just passed by."

'' I don't care what's the name of the person who obviously means so much to you . I don't want to be another woman. I told you already."

Kaden approached me again with some dark smile on his face, so I shivered quietly.

"You're right about that, Aria is a person I would give my life for. She means that much to me. "