SteamPunk PT. 2

Written originally by CleverDana16 (me)

Art by unknown artist.

You and Karamatsu have been floating in mid-air, on a hot air balloon, for a long time now. It was getting boring and the rations were almost gone.

"Karamatsu, we should stop somewhere."

"I think you are right, m'lady~. We should stop by the next town. I'll find us a place to rest. In the west, the weather gets cold at night." Karamatsu explained.

"Yes. And maybe we canb find more clues of Osomatsu's whereabouts!" You said, joyfully.

"You seem super excited to catch my foolish buraza." Karamatsu added.

"Well, I never expected I will meet up with him. His acts have sent fear and disaster to my town. I need to at least face him, and make up for all the damage."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure he will."

The two of you found a place to stay for a while: Golden Town. Weird name. But the place is so popular for it's mines, that are filled with gold. Hence the name. Karamatsu lowered the balloon close top the ground, and tied it tightly so it won't float away. You grabbed your bag, and get ready to get off the balloon. Karamatsu offers you a hand so you can safely step out. You blush at his kindness, and accept it. YOu hold onto his hand and get down. He kisses your hand, and looks at you with these soft brown eyes. They were beautiful. You blush even more after looking at them.

He leads you throughout the town. The people of the place are very different from those in the east. Everyone seems to have an interest in farming. There were a lot of cowboys. It felt out of place. You were unsure of what to do, so walk more closer to Karamatsu.

"Is everything alright, dear?" He asks.

"Oh no. Sorry, I just felt the need to catch up."

"Don't worry, you are safe with me. Come on, let's eat in here." He said, pointing at a bar. You smile at him and agree. As the two of you enter, you see everyone clapping and singing. Everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. Apparently, they had a stage, with woman dancing and singing. You weren't pleased by this. And neither was Karamatsu. But again, this was the only place they could find to eat. The two of you walk up to the counter. The bartender looks at the two of you.

"Hello there. What will it be?"

"I'll have wine. And you, my dear?" Karamatsu asks you.

"I'll just have water."

"Alright." The bartender says. You sit down next to Karamatsu, on the stalls. Karamatsu looks at you. You were confused to why he was staring at you.

"What?" You asked.

"Nothing. I just thought maybe you aren't feeling too well. I mean, I kinda expected you to ask for an actual drink. But water is fine."

"Oh I see. Don't worry Karamatsu. I just want to relax. All I want is really water. I'm not thirsty for alcohol or wine." You said, assuring him.

"At least you're good, right?"

"Yes."

The bartender serves your drinks. Karamatsu stops the bartender from walking away. "What happened sir?" the bartender asked.

"Have you seen this man?" Karamatsu aske dthe bartender, holding a wanted poster of Osomatsu.

"Oh, actually I have. He's right here." The bartender whispered. Karamatsu and your eyes widened. You began to look around the bar. And that's when you saw him: he was whistling at the dancing ladies. It made you angry.