the one with george stephanopoulos

third person pov

everyone sat silently inside, watching matt and gianna on the balcony. whilst all were furious, none were more furious than joey - who was being held back slightly but monica, ross and chandler. 

"why are you here?" gianna mutters, standing with her arms folded across her chest. 

"because i want you back." he pleads, trying to take a step closer to gianna. "i made a mistake okay? every one makes mistakes!" 

"you cheated on me with my best friend matt!" gianna yells, her arms flailing around. "i loved you!" 

"please gigi!" matt argues, trying to reach out to her. 

"no matt! i trusted you! i loved you! i gave you everything i had! you were my first everything..." she mutters, tears welling in her eyes. 

"exactly, i gave you all of that. wasn't it amazing?" matt whispers, tears also brimming his eyes. 

"oh how mighty of you! you give me all of that and then run off with my best friend!" gianna's voice rose with her anger. "i cannot believe you." 

"gigi ple-"

"do you love me?" gianna whispers, looking into his eyes for the first time in weeks. 

"what? i really don't think tha-"

"do you love me?" he voice was rising again. inside, the others were watching her every move. 

"i-"

"look me in the eyes and tell me you love me." gianna snaps, grabbing onto the front of his shirt. his draws in a sharp breathe as he looks down at her. 

"i can't..."

"why? because it hurts, or because you don't?" gianna spits, pushing him away from her. 

"gigi, pleas-"

"leave."

"wha-"

"i said leave." gianna snaps, turning away from him. it was beginning to rain outside and gianna's blonde hair was sticking to her face. "and watch out for joey. he's ready to kill you." and with that, matt turns and heads for the window. 

"gianna-" matt begins as he is climbing through the window. tears were streaming down gianna's face as she looked out across the balcony. "i'm sorry." 

"oh! here he comes - hold joey back." phoebe gasps, standing from the sofa with rachel. gianna couldn't hold back the tears any longer. she leaned against the balcony edge and let her tears mix with the rain. inside, matt had left the apartment and everyone was watching gianna from the sofa. 

"are you going to go out there joey?" rachel mutters, tears brimming her own eyes as she watches gianna shatter. however when everyone turned to look at joey, he was gone. 

"alright ross, lets go find joey before he does some damage." monica says, grabbing her purse and coat. "make sure she is okay guys, and don't let her freeze." rachel, phoebe and chandler nod. chandler's eyes don't leave gianna's shaking frame as monica and ross exit the apartment. 

"chandler go see her." phoebe says, slouching down on the sofa. 

"wh-what?" he stammers, tearing his eyes away from her. 

"we can see the way you look at her, please just go and see if she is okay." rachel explains, nodding her head towards gianna. 

"well, what do i say?" chandler panics, standing from the sofa. 

"you don't have to say anything. just hug her." rachel replies, pushing him closer to the window. after breathing deeply, chandler opens the window and climbs through, standing behind gianna. he takes a few steps closer before tapping her lightly on the shoulder.