the one with the dozen lasagnas

third person pov

gianna has just finished handing out the last of her resumes around new york. she'd made up her mind to begin from square one and apply anywhere she could - just to earn an income. as she approached the front door of monica and rachel's apartment, gianna could hear everyone's voices inside.

"ross, did you really read all these baby books?" joey asks whilst gianna places her coat on the coat hook by the door. 

"yup! you could plunk me down in the middle of any woman's uterus, no compass, and i can find my way out of there like that!" ross smiles, snapping his fingers. gianna smiles before sitting beside chandler on the couch. 

"ooh, this is cool...it says in some parts of the world, people actually eat the placenta." phoebe exclaims, pointing to a book. chandler looks down at the yoghurt he was eating before sitting up. 

"and, we're done with the yogurt." he mumbles, placing it on the table. 

"sorry." phoebe mutters, placing the book back down. 

"hey ross, listen, you know that right now, your baby's only this big?" joey smiles, measuring about two inches with his thumb and index finger. "this is your baby. hi daddy!" joey mimics a baby's voice and ross smiles. 

"hello!" he waves at joey's fingers. 

"how come you don't live with mommy?" joey continues. "how come mommy lives with that other lady?" ross looks less than amused. "what's a lesbian?" joey jokes, hitting ross. the front door opens and rachel enters with paolo. 

"honey, you can say it, poconos, poconos, it's like poc-o-nos." rachel touches paolo's noise with each syllable. 

"ah, poke-" he touches her nose "a" he touches it again "nose." he then rubs their noses together before passionately kissing her. 

"mma, mma, maah." the boys mimic, making fun of paolo. phoebe shakes her head with a smile before heading to the kitchen. ross watches the girls talk about poconos in the kitchen. 

"ross, it's just a weekend, big deal." gianna smiles, looking at how upset ross was. 

"wasn't this supposed to be just a fling, huh? shouldn't it be...flung by now?" he continues, making flinging motions. 

"i mean, we are way past the fling thing, i mean, i am feeling things that i've only read about in danielle steele books, you know? i mean, when i'm with him, i'm totally, totally..." rachel begins, trailing off and joey, chandler and gianna turns back to ross holding his stomach. 

"...nauseous, i'm physically nauseous. what am i supposed to do, huh? call immigration?" ross scoffs before considering for a moment. "i could call immigration!" joey, gianna and chandler share a look before gianna yawns slightly. 

"tired gigi?" joey asks and gianna nods, covering her yawn. 

"looking for a job is exhausting." she replies, slouching back into the couch. chandler sat beside her, his arm running along the back. 

"i'm sure you'll find something soon." chandler adds, and all the boys nod in agreement. 

"yeah?" gianna smiles and chandler nods down at her, brushing a few strands of hair away from her face before realising joey and ross were there. he slowly pulls his hand away sheepishly and gianna lets out a laugh. 

*

later in central perk, everyone but phoebe sat lounging around. 

"i can't believe you don't want to know. i mean, i couldn't not know, i mean, if, if the doctor knows, and carol knows, and susan knows..." rachel begins.