the one with the fake monica

third person pov

the group were seated together in the girls apartment, reading over monica's printed credit card history - her card was stolen. 

"how could someone get a hold of your credit card number?" joey asks, flicking over the paper beside gianna. monica sat on the arm of the sofa beside joey, an empty space beside his sister. 

"I have no idea. but look how much they spent!" 

"monica, would you calm down? the credit card people said that you only have to pay for the stuff that you bought." rachel replies, trying to calm down monica. 

"I know. it's just such reckless spending." she says glumly, continuing to read over the paper. behind gianna, chandler wanders from the kitchen and leans over to take one of the papers from her hand. 

"I think when someone steals your credit card, they've kind of already thrown caution to the wind." ross adds. gianna glances to her right to see chandler sitting down beside her. she was sinking into the sofa cushions, quite comfortable despite the current situation on hand. 

"wow, what a geek. they spent $69.95 on a wonder mop." chandler jokes, leaning forward on his knees, casting a stray gaze back at gianna. 

"that's me." monica mumbles, ross rubbing her knee comfortingly. 

"oh! the yuck! ross, he's doing it again!" phoebe exclaims, pointing to the lamp by the window. it was shaking, gianna and ross sharing a knowing look. 

"marcel, stop humping the lamp! stop humping! now marcel, come back-" marcel ignores ross and runs past, straight to rachel's room "-come here, marcel-"

"oh no, not in my room! I'll get him!" rachel exclaims, chasing after the monkey. 

"ross, you've got to do something about the humping." monica points out, the rest of the group nodding in agreement. 

"what? it's, it's just a phase..." ross stammers, glancing towards gianna. she could only give a tight smile in response. 

"well, that's what we said about joey..." chandler teases, gianna flushing deeply as she sinks further into the sofa cushions. beside her, chandler giggles at her reaction, joey only giving him a look. 

"would you all relax? it's not that big a deal." 

"stop it! marcel! bad monkey!" from her room, the group could hear rachel's scolding. 

"what?" 

"let's just say my curious george doll is no longer curious." rachel replies shamefully. 

*

at central perk, joey, chandler, and gianna sat on the sofa. gianna was reading over some articles and research about monkey maturity for ross, whilst joey and chandler discussed a stage name for joey. 

"how about joey...pepponi?" 

"no, still too ethnic. my agent thinks I should have a name that's more neutral." joey explains, causing gianna to cast a glance at him. 

"joey...switzerland?" chandler jokes, a subtle laugh falling from gianna's lips as the waitress brings their drinks over. 

"plus, y'know, I think it should be joe. y'know, joey makes me sound like, im, I dunno, this big." he gestures with his fingers, the size of a peanut, as the waitress gives him a funny look. "which I'm not." there is an awkward pause as she leaves, gianna taking a sip of her tea. 

"joe...joe...joe...stalin?" gianna chokes on her drink, coughing slightly as she sits up. joey and chandler glance at her as she waves them off, leaning forward to place her cup down and get a napkin. as joey turns away, chandler gently places his hand on her back, soothing her.