Chapter 49

Lately, Rhianne became interested in jewelry making. Her fascination with this activity started when she accidentally watched a short video about personalized items. Rhianne discovered that she can create her own jewelry using the materials around her. As a thrifty auntie deep inside her heart, this activity captured her whole attention.

Rhianne's jewelry is all branded and expensive. A simple pearl earrings in her jewelry box can be equivalent to the price of a brand new car. Although she likes her jewelry, Rhianne still chooses to wear those things only if there is an important occasion or if her mom asked her to wear it. She is afraid to lose her expensive jewelry. If that really happens, her heart will surely break into pieces although she can literally buy a new set of it.

When Candice accidentally learned about it, she asked Rhianne if she can join her. Of course, Rhianne does not have any objection to it. Rhianne invited Candice to her house tomorrow so they can make jewelry together. When Rhianne saw Candice's hesitant expression, she reassured her that everything will be fine.

Thinking about it, this will be the first time that Rhianne invited a friend to visit her house. Aside from Keith, she did not ask her other friends to visit her during weekends. Rhianne is very sure that her mother will become excited about it. After a few more reassuring words, Candice finally agreed with her offer.

"Then let us meet at the mall first to buy the materials we will need." Rhianne said.

"Alright." Candice agreed. "I also have a collection of small trinkets in our house. I will also bring those things and let us see if we can use them."

"Same here! I have a fishbowl full of small seashells and colorful pebbles in our house. Mr. Protagonist helped me to collect all of it when we visited the seaside when we were still kids."

"Mr. Protagonist?" Candice asked.

"Ah, right. Mr. Protagonist is Keith. Hmm... You can consider it as my nickname for him."

"Psh. It does not suit him." Candice commented. "Why do you even call him like that?"

"Because he is handsome and simply amazing!" Rhianne quickly answered.

"..."

"Really?" Candice doubtfully asked.

"Yes! And just look at his eyes! He has a rare and beautiful pair of eyes, right? He is truly a handsome guy."

"..."

Candice is feeling a little complicated about it. So what if he is handsome? There are other handsome guys out there who are much better than Keith.

"But Candice, why do you hate Keith so much? Did he secretly bully you?" Rhianne asked.

She cannot understand it. As the original female lead, Candice should treat Keith with gentleness. If they cannot become lovers, then they should at least become friends.

"Because he is so annoying!"

"...Huh?"

"Well... Not really him. The people around me are always mentioning his name wherever I go. Keith here, Keith there. Until the name 'Keith' becomes the most annoying thing I can ever hear on our campus."

"..."

Candice is not active in any school activities because of her several part-time jobs. She also rarely opens their school forums. But Candice is aware that there is a famous student from the Business and Finance course named Keith Tristan Lancester. She also heard from her classmates talking about him.

Some of the girls in her class have a secret crush on Keith. Aside from being a handsome guy, he also came from a rich and famous family. But even though they have a huge crush on him, no one dared to approach him and confess their feelings.