Chapter 37

Rhianne and Andrew were now dancing and following the slow rhythm of the music. Andrew was still holding Rhianne's hand. She also noticed that the way Andrew stares at her is different. It was really a funny idea, but Rhianne feels like she was now a rabbit under strict surveillance from a hungry wolf.

"Rhianne, are you not feeling comfortable with me?" Andrew suddenly asked.

'Yes! You are still young yet you can already give me a scary feeling!'

"Of course not." Rhianne smoothly lied. "Why do you ask?"

"I am not going to hurt you." Andrew said. "So there is no need for you to be scared of me."

"But I just told you—"

"You are lying."

"Huh?"

Andrew shows Rhianne a half-smile before he lifts his free hand. He gently ran a finger through Rhianne's cheek and stopped it on the corner of her lips. He slowly taps it twice before gliding his fingers off her face.

"Every time you speak a lie, the corner of your lips are twitching a little." Andrew explained.

"Huh?"

Rhianne was surprised. She had that kind of habit? Rhianne was confused with this sudden information. Maybe that was the original habit of Rhianne Cartel every time she was lying?

While they were dancing, a couple suddenly bumped into them. Andrew covered Rhianne with his body to protect her. When the couple collided with Andrew's back, he suddenly clenched his jaw and softly hissed in pain. The couple apologized before walking about away from them.

"Are you okay?" Rhianne asked in concern.

"...It's nothing."

"I do not believe you." Rhianne said.

If he was okay, why does he showed that pained expression? When Andrew saw the doubtful expression on Rhianne's face, he smiled at him before adjusting his hold on her hand.

"Rhianne, did you know why am I absent for a week?" Andrew asked out of nowhere.

"Because you are very sick and cannot attend the class?" Rhianne answered.

"I was absent because my mom beat me so hard and pushed me on the staircase. Fortunately, all I got was minor injuries and some bruises."

Rhianne's feet suddenly stopped moving. It was also the same with Andrew. Rhianne lifted her head to see Andrew's expression. He was also looking at Rhianne with a calm and serene expression. As if what he said just now was someone else's experiences.

"Is...Is it true?"

"If I say that I just lied to you, will you also believe that?"

Without answering his question, Rhianne pulled Andrew's arm away from the dance floor. Andrew did not say anything and obediently followed Rhianne. Rhianne quickly brought Andrew to the nearest vacant room and close the door. After that, she turned around and faced Andrew.

"Show me."

"Hmm?"

"Show me your injuries!" Rhianne fiercely said.

Instead of getting mad, Andrew smiled at Rhianne before turning around and slowly lifted his shirt. Against his ghastly pale skin, there was a huge patch of purplish bruise with yellowish blotches on his back. The size of his bruise was similar to the size of a saucer. Rhianne covered her mouth with her hand to stop herself from releasing a loud gasp.

Andrew pulled his shirt down and faced Rhianne again. He was still smiling as if he does not care if there was a bruise on his back. Rhianne did not know what to say. She was greatly shocked by this sudden situation.