Chapter 29

Rhianne tried to say something, but no words were coming out from her lips. She was totally speechless. Rhianne did not really expect to see Keith like this.

Most importantly...

"You are not wearing your contact lens?" Rhianne carefully asked.

"Well..."

Keith only vaguely answered Rhianne before showing him a shy smile. Rhianne was about to ask Keith more questions when their homeroom adviser arrived. Their adviser told them to sit on their chair and prepare for their long math exam today before he stepped out of their room again to get their printed exam papers in his office. Rhianne's pen slipped from her hands after she heard their teacher's announcement.

'I'm screwed! I'm screwed! I'm screwed!'

Rhianne forgot about their long exam today! Rhianne was so tired from her trip with Dr. Calvin yesterday that she goes straight to her bed without reviewing her notes. And to think that she will be having a long exam in mathematics without reviewing how to solve the equations written on it. It feels like she was preparing to go to a long battle without bringing any weapons with her.

"...nne."

"..."

"Rhianne."

"...Huh?"

When she turned her head, Rhianne saw Keith looking at her with a worried expression.

"Well, here's your pen." Keith said as he put the pen that he picked up on the floor. When Rhianne did not say anything in return, Keith got worried about her.

"Rhianne, are you okay? Do you feel sick?"

"Dad will kill me."

"Huh?"

"Of course that is only an exaggeration. But still!"

Rhianne gave Keith a blank look. That's right. Even though Tim doted on her so much just like his wife, he was still focusing on his children's education. Of course, Tim will never hurt her. Rhianne was just exaggerating, but she was very sure that her father will still scold her the moment she got a low score on this test.

As much as she can, Rhianne does not want to be scolded by her parents. Rhianne suddenly remembered the day when Keith and she got involved in a fight. Her mother did not say anything about it, but not her father. Tim scolded her for being reckless.

Rhianne understood him so she did not refute his words. Carmie tried to stop her husband, but Tim continued scolding her. Rhianne only listened to him quietly until Tim let out a sigh and move his hands asking her to come forward. He hugged Rhianne as he whispered to her how worried he was when he learned that she got involved in a fight.

Since then, Rhianne promised herself not to make them worry about her. But it seems like she needs to listen to her father's scolding later at his office again. To her frustrations, Rhianne tussled her hair before she let out a huff.

"Do you have a problem?" Keith asked as he carefully lifted his hand and tried to fix Rhianne's hair using his fingers.

"I'm doomed." Rhianne muttered under her breath. "I forgot that we have a long test today. And it's math!"

"Hmm."

He guessed it right.

"And it's all of your brother's fault!" Rhianne suddenly turned her head and glared at Keith. Instead of being scared, Keith was thinking of something different.

'She looks like an angry squirrel.'

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"Hmm... Nothing." Keith said. "You are right. You should really blame my brother."