Chapter 43

Finishing her project, Rhianne looked at the short video she had made just now on her laptop. She only needs some editing on it before she can pass it to her professor tomorrow. Satisfied with her own work, Rhianne saved the video on her flash drive before drinking the latte she ordered earlier.

Looking at the time, Rhianne still has to wait for a few minutes before meeting with her Mr. Protagonist. Keith is not with her right now because he still has a class until two in the afternoon. While playing games on her laptop, Rhianne's phone suddenly vibrated inside her bag. She was surprised when she saw Francis was calling her.

"Hello, brother. Why are you calling?"

(What? Am I not allowed to call my sister now?)

"That's not what I mean." 

(I knew it. You do not want to talk to me again because that brat is now courting you.)

"Brother!" Rhianne exclaimed but she quickly lowered her voice to avoid disturbing the other customers inside the cafe.

Francis let out a chuckle when he heard Rhianne's whining voice on the other line.

(Where are you now?)

"Hmm? I am in a cafe near our school." Rhianne answered.

(Oh. Then let's meet up. I am in front of your school right now.)

"Wait, what? You are back in Finrel City?"

Francis hummed in response.

"Wait for me, brother! I will be there in a minute."

Rhianne asked Francis to wait at the school entrance gate before ending the call. She quickly put her things inside her bag before zipping it close. With quick steps, Rhianne stepped out of the cafe and rushed towards the place where Francis is already waiting for her. Rhianne did not notice that she left her school ID on the chair where she was sitting earlier.

A petite woman saw the ID and checked the printed name on it. The woman's eyes widened a bit when she saw the printed name and photo on it. Looking at Rhianne's name for the last time, the woman kept the ID card inside her pocket and continued with her task of cleaning the tables.

As for Rhianne, she quickly spotted her brother outside their university. She stopped in her tracks for a while to appreciate her brother's handsome appearance while leaning his body on a red sports car. He is wearing fitted black long sleeves, a pair of jeans, and black rubber shoes. His body is well-toned so he does not look lame or skinny on his shirt. He is also wearing shades while his arms are crossed on his chest. Since Rhianne Cartel has a beautiful face, of course, Francis also has a face that can be compared to those famous celebrities in the entertainment industry.

"Brother!"

When Francis heard his sister's voice, he turned around and saw a slender woman wearing a lavender dress. His lips curved up and raised his arms, urging her to give him a hug. Rhianne happily ran towards her brother and gave Francis a big hug. It's been three months since Rhianne last saw his brother because he was busy with his work.

"Brother, I miss you! Why did you not tell me in advance that you going to be back in this city?" Rhianne asked when she separated from her brother's hug.

"If I tell you, then I will not see your surprised expression just now!"

"How about mom and dad?"

"They know that I am going to see you today. I already made a reservation in one of the best French restaurants in the district. We will be having a family dinner there later."