Chapter 69

"Rhianne!" 

Turning around, Rhianne sees Keith rushing towards her. When he finally reached her, Keith suddenly put his hands on her shoulders and starts looking at her from head to toe. He even moves her body from side to side as if looking for something. Soon, Keith let out a relieved sigh before looking at Rhianne who has a confused look on her face.

"What is it?" Rhianne asked. "Did something happen?"

"Rhianne, are you alright?" Keith asked instead of answering her question.

"Yes. Why? Do I look like sick to you?" 

Instead of answering, Keith just let out another relieved sigh before he tries controlling his breathing. 

"Are you done tossing and spinning Rhianne like a life-sized doll?"

Both Rhianne and Keith look at Candice who is standing beside them with crossed arms. Candice shakes her head before gently pulling Rhianne towards her. She is now thinking that it was wrong of her to send a text message to this guy informing him of what happened in the cafeteria earlier.

"Keith, wait a moment." Rhianne said before pulling a clean handkerchief from her bag. "You are sweating a lot."

She starts wiping the sweat covering Keith's forehead in a gentle manner. Rhianne looks like she is taking good care of a rare and beautiful piece of art. When she asked Keith to lower his head a bit, he did not hesitate to follow her orders and let Rhianne continue wiping his face. When Keith tries to shorten the distance of their faces, Rhianne's cheeks suddenly turn red before pushing him softly saying she is finally done.

And all of it happened right in front of Candice's eyes.

The rumors are all true. These two look so sweet with each other that ants can possibly surround them anytime soon. Candice really feels cringe by just looking at them. No wonder when she visited the school forum the other day, most of the students who are still single are complaining that couples being sweet with each other should be banned on their school grounds.

"Are you done answering your long quiz, Keith?" Rhianne asked.

"Yeah." Keith simply replied.

"Is it hard?"

"Not really. Most of the questions are just a recap of our lessons last week. I think I will be getting a perfect score again on this one."

"As expected of my Mr. Protagonist. You are so smart! Keith, you are really the best!" Rhianne happily praised Keith as she shows him a huge and happy smile on her face.

"Hmm. And it is all because of you."

"Huh?"

"You gave me enough energy to study hard last night. You are indeed my lucky charm. So thank you." Keith replied with a soft look on his face.

"Keith..."

"..."

Candice's scalp suddenly feels tingly and itchy. 

She already heard a lot of times from Rhianne that Keith is like this and like that. Her adorable friend always loves to brag about Keith in front of her every time she finds a chance. As a supportive friend, Candice will just listen to her because Rhianne looks so passionate as she shares some stories about her and Keith. Rhianne is always saying that Keith is a handsome, cool, smart, sweet, charming, and charismatic young man.

But after hearing their conversation just now, Candice does not know whether she should doubt Rhianne's eyesight or barf on Keith's textbook pick-up line. But actually, she is considering doing both of those options.