Chapter 48

While the student inside the library is busy doing their assignments or research papers and Hansel is playing games on his phone, Keith's focus did not leave Rhianne's face. She is currently writing the answers she found on the thick book beside her. While looking at her, Keith suddenly remembered what happened two years ago on the day of his birthday.

After spending and having a birthday dinner with his family, he specifically asked Rhianne to end his birthday by riding a Ferris wheel. Of course, Rhianne gladly joined him. They visited an amusement park owned by Keith's family. It turns out he already made preparation so they ride the Ferris wheel at midnight.

Rhianne was very excited that night. It was rare for her to go to this kind of place in her last life because she was trying to save money as much as she can. Rhianne heard from her classmates before that in case she can visit an amusement park, riding a Ferris wheel at night is a must. She did not have a chance to do it before. That is why Rhianne was really excited that night.

After helping Rhianne to enter the cab, Keith sat in front of her. He observed the delighted expression on her face. Although he was a bit nervous, he still cannot resist and shook his head with a smile on his face. If someone will see them, they will think that Rhianne was the birthday celebrant because of her happy expression.

Before riding the cab, Keith gave a specific order to the operator not to stop the Ferris wheel until he click the emergency button. Keith needed a lot of time to prepare himself. That day, he made a firm decision. For him, this decision will decide what will happen to him and Rhianne in the future.

Rhianne was too fascinated with the view inside the cab. Her eyes were focused on the window as if she was memorizing every detail she can see from the inside. Rhianne did not notice Keith's movement of closing and opening his palms. It was a secret habit of his every time he was nervous. When they reached the top part of the Ferris wheel, Keith called her name.

"Rhianne."

"Yes?" Rhianne asked without looking at him.

"I like you."

Rhianne's body stiffened a bit when she heard those words. And slowly, she turned her head and saw Keith looking at her with an earnest gaze. Rhianne blinked her eyes twice before observing Keith's body language. Unlike earlier, his body was relaxed.

Keith thought confessing to the girl he likes is the hardest thing to do in this world. But when he opened his mouth, those words smoothly escaped from his lips. He did not stutter or choked on his words just like he had expected before.

When Keith discovered that he has a feeling for the young girl who always stays with him, he felt it was convenient and inconvenient at the same time. It was convenient because they were close to each other as well as he can always see the girl he likes. However, having that girl on his side is really frustrating for him sometimes.

The girl he likes is dense. She must be the densest girl in this city.

No matter how much he tried to hide it, the people around them had already noticed it. His brother never missed a day to tease him about it. He was even poking to his sore spot by saying there is a huge chance that Rhianne will only treat him like a brother forever. But before Keith can attack his brother, Calvin quickly left their house to go to the hospital.

Naturally, Keith already realized this problem from the start. After being with Rhianne for a lot of years, he can already read her like an open book. Rhianne is a little bit...unique. There are times where she acted like an aunt who is worried about her daily life. But most of the time, she was saying weird things which would take a while for Keith to understand her meaning.