Chapter 14

Rhianne did not dwell much on the reality that she had met with the female lead. She remembered that Candice Dy was an orphan and adopted by a kind couple who loves her like their own child. After some years, she will meet the male lead and that will be the start of their romance. But Rhianne did not expect that Candice was an orphan from the Welfare Agency that her mother is managing.

After that day, Rhianne focused on learning again. Before the school year officially starts, she started reading the books available in their library. Her family was surprised when they see her often staying in the library, but they did not say anything about it. Before her accident, Rhianne Cartel disliked reading books a lot. But looking at their precious daughter who becomes interested in reading books, her family silently supported her.

Everyone in the Cartel family adores her so much. Rhianne is convinced that she is the apple of the eye in this family. They are ready to give her anything as long as she wants it. They are also treating her like a real princess and spoiled her with things that most people cannot have.

And Rhianne thinks that is the reason why Rhianne Cartel in the past becomes a spoiled child. They do not ask her to study or help them with anything. They also cannot scold her that much. Even if they start disciplining her, the Cartel family will still yield to her wishes at the very end.

There is nothing wrong if a child is well-loved in the family. But in Rhianne's perspective, spoiling your child too much to the point you cannot scold them anymore is a bad thing. The right discipline is a good thing to teach and tell your children about their wrongdoings. It is for their own good anyway.

It will be helpful for them once they become an adult in the future. They should slowly start teaching their children how to stand on their own feet and slowly face the harsh reality of this world. Spoiling too much a child will only make them dependent on their parents. They will probably have a mentally that everything is attainable in their hands which can cause a problem in the future.

Although Rhianne enjoys their pampering and spoiling attitude towards her, she still does not want to indulge in it so much. She still wants to achieve something in this world using her own effort and strength. She does not want to rely on her family's wealth too much. Rhianne believes that achieving her dreams using her own hands will be sweeter than honey.

One day, a maid informed them that two visitors had suddenly come into their mansion. Rhianne was scared that Andrew is the one visiting their house. But when the maid explained that their sudden visitors are Dr. Calvin and his brother, she let out a relieved sigh. When Rhianne goes down to the receiving room, Dr. Calvin is nowhere to be found, but his brother is sitting comfortably on the sofa alone and looks in her direction.

"...Hello."

Rhianne will be rude if she ignored him and decided to greet him. The boy looked at her and crossed his arm on his chest. Rhianne noticed that his eyes were now both hazel brown. She is pretty sure that the boy has an emerald color on his left eye.

"Are you wearing a contact lens?" Rhianne asked.

It was too late for her to realize what she had just asked him. Rhianne is sure that the boy is very conscious of his eyes. Didn't that boy run away from her when he noticed that she was looking at his eyes before? She was about to say sorry when the boy slowly nods his head.

"It will be a hassle if other people keep on looking and noticing my eyes."

Rhianne blinked her eyes in surprise but still nodded her head in understanding.

"I heard you have amnesia."

"Ah?"

Rhianne wondered why this boy was trying to make a conversation with her. She thought that the boy hated her, but it does not look like that. Or maybe he is just curious about her? Rhianne nodded her head again and confirm what he had just said.