Chapter Twelve A Helpful Accident

Welcome back everyone! When was the last time I updated...*frantically looking at my chapter updates* November, ouch🥲I'm going to be burned at the steak soon for my update schedule. But I hope the chapters are worth it...Maybe... Sorta... No okay, I'll be quiet now. Anyway, guys enjoy the chapter. I actually like this one. And I get to write Varen talking again🥰. You'll see.😜

"Are we going to get anything done today Foster," Keefe asked from behind me.

I was supposed to be cleaning my room today since apparently being productive is a thing people need to do. It hadn't been going very well though so instead invited Keefe and Dex over instead.

"We have just been hanging around your room for the past hour Sophie, "Dex said turning his attention away from the new panic ring he was working on for Tam. Dex was making a new one for him as the last one had been destroyed when he had joined the Neverseen.

"I don't know, you guys can leave and go do something if you want to." It's not that I didn't want to do something, I just didn't have the energy to actually get my lazy but out of bed. The stress of the past couple of weeks was a relief and a at the same time a whole new level of worry. On the one hand, Tam was back and we didn't have to worry about him being with the Neverseen anymore. But now I get to worry if he'll live through a day. Arghhh life is hard.

"I bet if Fitzy boy was here, she would want to do something." Keefe said getting up from his spot and plopping down next to Dex."

"True but then she would just be making out the whole time rather than hanging with us, pass me that gear would you," Dex said

"Fitz and I do a lot more stuff than just make out," Isaid trying to defend myself.

"Sure you do," Keefe said jokingly.

"Hey, has the council figured out that you and Mr.Forkle stashed Tam in Alluveture yet," Dex asked.

"No, they said they would give Tam a bit of time before they came over again, since they freaked him out so much the last time they tried to interrogate him. I assume they'll come over again either today or tomorrow, Mr.Forkle has been trying to prolong the inevitable for as long as possible."

"How's he been doing since they moved him there anyways," Keefe said. His voice turning into that guilty tone I was getting to know all too well when Tam came up in a conversation.

"They say he's been doing well, but he hasn't been able to shake the fever, Linh has been the only one to visit him recently though and even that is limited so his location isn't leaked to the council or the Neverseen," I said

"Oh so nobody is allowed to visit him?" Dex said putting the parts of the panic ring back in the box he had brought them in.

"No, we are, they just don't want everyone going to the same location a lot because it's hard to change the tracking feeds for so many people."

"Would I and Keefe be able to go, I haven't been there yet and Keefe looks like he needs to get out of this fit, and fast."

"I'm not in a fit," Keefe said crossing his arms and pouting.

"Yes, you are come on grab your coat," Dex said standing up.

"I'll see you guys later then." I said.

"You aren't coming?" Dex asked.

"No, I think I'll just stay here and finish cleaning my room."

"I can stay too if you want Foster," Keefe said trying to get out of going.

"No you're coming,come on Keefe," Dex said grabbing Keefe by his tunic collar and practically dragging him out the door.

I waited to hear the front door close before I started working on cleaning my room again. Iggy was belching the whole time I was cleaning and it ruined the mood. Against everyone's better judgment though, I finished my room.

As I was cleaning off my desk though I saw the remainder of Tam's things that we had recovered off of him, including the supposedly dead silver imparter. I sighed and picked up the imparter and the bloody clothes I hadn't thrown out yet. I just couldn't bring myself to do it when there might be more hidden that could help me figure out this jumbled up mystery.

I was about to throw the clothes in the garbage when the Imparter suddenly started vibrating and I immediately dropped it and the clothes.

The imparter had turned on.

I immediately raced down to pick it up again. I was a little disgusted because some of Tam's dried blood was on the screen but I quickly wiped it off.

I waited and waited for the person on the other side to pick up. After a couple of minutes, I was beginning to lose hope, when suddenly the calling screen disappeared and I was met with what looked like the ceiling of a room.

Nobody else was there and I didn't hear anything until...

"ADRANA, SILVER HAIR IS FINALLY GETTING HIS ACT TOGETHER AND IS CALLING YOU." I heard an extremely rough voice yell from the opposite side of the imparter. I winced, it felt like someone was taking a knife to my ears.

"Tam's calling!" I heard another person call. The imparter screen moved from its angle on the ceiling to show the face of a young boy. He couldn't have been more than twelve. He looked confused and almost immediately, the screen moved back to its angle facing the ceiling.

"False alarm guys, the screen is black. Varen must have been seeing things." He said

I didn't know whether or not to respond. I didn't know these people and if they were from the Neverseen, nothing good probably would have come from it.

"There's no way in heck that I didn't hear that thing ring," the scratchy voice said again.

The camera angle once again shifted and I could now see the scowling face of an older boy with red hair.

"Weird, maybe I was just hearing things, I'll turn it off." I heard the imparter on the other side rattle, as if the person was twisting it in different directions.
"Why is that light at the top is still on, what does that mean I thought I turned it off."

Crap they were going to hang up, I didn't want my only lead on the Neverseen to disappear as fast as it came.

"WAIT," I said

"HA I told you I wasn't crazy Darum." the scratchy voice said again.

"That doesn't sound like Tam though." another voice I hadn't heard before said, it was another boy but I couldn't see their face.

"Who else would this be, it's not like Lady Gisela was with-."

I could practically feel the tension enter the room.

"WHAT THE HECK DID YA DO WITH TAM YA LITTLE CRAP OF A WOMAN." The scratchy voice yelled from, the other side of the screen.

"I'm not Lady Gisela," I tried to say.

"Don't try me, Gisela, you and Tam don't show up for almost three weeks and expect me to believe that the only other person who would have access to this isn't calling. You can't hide it by making your voice squeakier. Also what the heck did you do to Tam I may not know how to turn the camera off, but I sure as heck know how to turn it on from your side."

"How do you turn it on?" I questioned. I wasn't aware there was a specific way you were supposed to turn it on.

"Nice try Gisela, I'll hunt you down the first chance I get once I leave this crappy place. I'm coming for you." The voice said angrily before the audio cut off and the imparter turned off.

Who the heck were they.

Thank you guys so much for reading, and hey I did two chapters in a row. Different books but I digress. Hope you enjoyed it, I'm finally getting my motivation back so I'm aiming for a new chapter in the next week for both stories. I bet you guys figured out how the whole imparter thing works now, but Sophie will just have to think on it a bit more, because of PLOT CONVENIENCE. Anyway bye, love u all.

~Wolfy