Chapter Thirteen Who Invited Him?

Well, guys... I suck, don't I? I think I've lost more than three-quarters of you guys on this story, but hey when you don't update for six months it's to be expected. Well I know I'm gonna get that one person who comments not his chapter who has read 8.5 and is going to comment on something that very obviously does not fit in with the series so far. I've said this before but I'll say it again. I WROTE THIS BEFORE LEGACY. I also wrote this chapter before I read 8.5 so yes I know Tam has a bodyguard already, do I care that I made him a different one... No not really, my sucky story, my sucky characters. I kinda strayed away from the original plotline a long time ago. Anyway, for like the three of you that are reading this, enjoy.

The past weeks had been eventful, to say the least.

Last week started out absolutely fantastic, you know the council almost breaking your friend's mind is a great way to start it. I'm honestly surprised that I had had the self-restraint to not lash out completely on Councillor Alina.

Following that Tam had to be hidden away in Alluveterre to protect him from the council ad that scrutinization. Alluceterre also happened to be a compromised Black swan base, which was just great to think about when sleeping at night. The hope for hiding him there was that the Neverseen had given up hope of checking for us there, hiding in plain sight was the words Mr. Forkle used. That didn't stop him though from changing the leaping crystal for the underground base.

Then to top it all of, the mysterious imparter that we had found in Tam's Neverseen cloak had suddenly turned on, giving me a glimpse of what I presumed to be the people Tam had been so stressed over. The conversation hadn't gotten past accusations and yelling before the line on the other end had hung up on me though. So besides being slightly more concerned over Tam's sanity, I had gotten nowhere.

This past week and just been a lot of dead ends and a lot of waiting. Mr.Forkle and Elwin had wanted to make sure that the council didn't know where they had moved Tam. Mr.Forkle had been calming the council down all week as they had been just a littlllleeee mad that the Black Swan I had gave them the slip again with their only information on the Neverseen. While Mr.Forkle had been busy here, Elwin and Della had been in Alluveterre helping Tam but had prohibited anyone from coming to let him rest as much as possible. Elwin had kept me informed though. Apparently, most of Tam's wounds had healed but infection from lack of proper medicines had set in some of the more serious cuts, and his concussion and broken arm had yet to fully heal. On top of that the fever, he had had last time I had seen him was still raging. If anything Elwin said it had gotten worse and it left Tam exhausted, unable to stay awake for more than half an hour.

So while everyone was rushing around, I had busied myself with chores at Havenfiled and trying to get Tam's imparter to work again, with no luck. Today however Elwin had permitted me to visit. He had also offered Keefe to come with me, as Linh was under house arrest, being forced to rest as she had been awake constantly worried about her brother.

Keefe had ultimately turned the offer down though. When Tam was staying in Havenfield and was still unconscious he had liked helping out in any way he could. When Tam had woken up, however, Keefe and stopped coming as much. Any time Tam woke up while he was there, Keefe immediately made a beeline for the door. I think the idiot still blamed himself for Tam even after I kept telling him over and over again it wasn't his fault.

Guilt still ate away at Keefe and no matter how many times people reassured him. He ultimately would begin doubting himself again. Tam was the only one who could snap Keefe out of it and get him back on track, but Keefe never stuck around long enough to ahem a conversation with him. It was unfortunate but not unexpected.

So with four hours of sleep and a boatload of anxiety under my belt, I headed out to visit Tam.

Della greeted me at the entrance of the underground treehouse, and lead me to the living room and offered to make me something for lunch.