Chapter Ten Uncovering

Welcome feels good to be writing something else for a change. Here is the long-awaited chapter ten. Now the reason I haven't updated in...

Holy chicken nuggets!!! I haven't updated it in eight months

My gosh, I'm soooooo sorry. If you are still reading this poo thank you so much. Anyways the reason I didn't update Final Chapter is because this chapter has a bit of stuff that would be confusing if you haven't read Shadow Experiment. You probably would be fine with this chapter but in future chapters your definitely gonna need to read Shadow experiment. This isn't me trying to get you to read my book just trying to fix my idiotic mistake.
I might merge the two books together at one point.
Anyways here is chapter ten hope you enjoy.

The next morning seemed to come too fast. It still amazes me how I can get a decent amount of sleep but still feel like I pulled an all-nighter.
I yawned and begrudgingly pulled myself out of my sleeping bag.
Keefe was still snoring away beside me, and I carefully and quietly stepped over him and slipped out the door.
"And where would you be going," Sandor asked from behind me.
I practically jumped out of my skin, quickly snapping my head around to face him. The grey goblin was leaning against the wall across from me looking at me skeptically. Great, the overprotectiveness is kicking in full force again.
"It's alright Sandor I'm not leaving the house."
He raised an eyebrow at me and I didn't blame him for being skeptical, I had been known to run off quite a bit.
"I'm visiting Tam, do I have your permission sir squeakalot?"
Sandor huffed in annoyance but eventually made a shooing motion of permission.
I smiled at him before heading up the stairs to the second floor and into the guest room.
"Good morning Sophie," Edwin greeted me as I entered.
I smiled and walked over to Tam's bedside.
"How's he doing today," I asked
Elwin smiled, a real smile at me.
"Extremely well, he regained consciousness earlier and is on the road to recovery."
My face lit up, and I felt as if I could jump ten feet with the new energy I had.
"Can I talk to him?" I asked. Probably a dumb question as I clearly saw Tam sleeping, but the words had already escaped my mouth.
Elwin chuckled. "Once he wakes up you can, but not any sooner Sophie. Do you hear me Sophie Foster NO SOONER." Edwin jokes.
I gave him an innocent smile back and he reluctantly walked out of the room.
Another half an hour went by. Keefe still hadn't woken up and it was past Eleven am.
I continued to wait patiently for Tam, I really didn't want to wake him up in any way, because he needed to rest. So I sat in my chair and stayed as still as possible.
I had almost fallen asleep when a soft rustling from the bed snapped me out of it. I checked where the bed and sure enough he was moving slightly.
Slowly his sliver-blue eyes opened and he scanned the room looking at the cracking walls and then eventual they found where I was sitting beside him.
"How're you feeling?" I asked brushing his bangs out of his eyes.
He smiled weakly and coughed, before finally managing to rasp out two words.
"J-ust gre-at," his voice had the sarcasm I knew all too well, but it also made me a bit sad to hear how strained his voice was.
"You know you are such an idiot for trying something like that," I joked my voice thick with emotion.
He laughed pushing himself up a bit with his unbroken arm. I helped him prop his pillow so he could be a little more vertical to face me.
We sat in awkward silence for a while. I could tell Tam was still really tired and decided to make the conversation quick.
"Do you know where you were?" I asked quietly.
His face pales and I could see he was suddenly very scared.
"N-not exactly... but." He stopped tears beginning to rim his eyes.
"But what?" I asked urging him on.
"I was in a Neverseen training facility. It was called Corporis and I made allies-but I had to leave to well... "kill you."
"Who were the people you met?"
He suddenly recoiled as if he had been slapped. His eyes fogged and I could see his mind go elsewhere. Tears began to fall down his cheeks and he started mumbling to himself.
"I broke my promise," he quietly spoke.
"What do you mean?"
" I let her down."
"Tam what is it please tell me."
" I can't-," he suddenly started coughing violently, and he clutched his chest trying to breathe.
I called for Elwin and he swiftly came into the room.
He gently forced Tam back down and poured a sedative down his through.
Slowly Tam's eyes closed again and he fell asleep as the sedatives kick in.
" I think it would be best if he slept, he's clearly under a lot of emotional stress and any more strain will set back his recovery."
"How long are you going to keep him sedated?" I asked looking back down to where Tam was pitifully sleeping.
"Couple of days, maybe more if he needs to. I can't tell at this point, but he defiantly needs to stop pushing himself. I nodded and left the room heading back to mine.

Keefe was still sprawled out in his sleeping bag on the ground.
"Keefe," I said poking him with my foot.
"Keefe!" Still no response.
"KEEFFEEE," I yelled into his ear, finally waking him up.
"WHAT, Wah what happened."
"Sorry for scaring you, but you need to get up lazybum."
"Nooooo let me sleep I'm tiredddd."
"Come on get dressed I want to talk with the others. Do I need to drag you out of here?
"Finnnneeeee, I'll get up but only for you Foster."
"Good I want to check Tam's Neverseen cloak to see if it has any information to link to what he told me today."
"What you talked to him! When!" Keefe said astonished.
"This morning while you were sleeping he woke up and I was able to talk to him."
"What did he say?"
"I'll tell you later when the others get here now get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs with Tam's cloak."

After Fitz, Biana, Dex, Linh, Marella and Whylie arrived and we were all situated in the living room I began telling them what Tam had said the following morning. 
"So he was at a place called Corporis?" Fitz questioned.
"Yes."
"And before you had to sedate him he kept talking about how he let someone down," Dex added.
"Correct again," I added
"So... why do you have Tam's torn blooded neverseen cloak and pants on your living room table," Marella said a bit disgusted looking at the bloodied clothing.
"We need to check if he has any hidden pockets hiding anything, notes or any information that could be useful."
"So we actually have to touch it, gross," Marella said disgust eminent in her voice.
"Yes now start looking," I said slightly annoyed.
Each of us looked in a different spot of the torn cloak.
After a couple of minutes of looking Fitz made a noise of victory.
"I found something," Fitz said holding up an imparter.
"It was in a hidden pocket in the left sleeve."
The screen was cracked but besides that, it was clean and in good shape.
"Does it work?" I asked.
Fitz tried turning it on and tried to call Keefe, then Biana but to no avail.
"Do you think you could fix it Dex?"
Fitz handed the imparter to Dex and he turned it in different ways observing it at different angles.
"It doesn't look broken it should work but it might need a passcode or sample of some sort. I'll look at it and get back to you guys."
"Good, thanks Dex," I said
"So what do we do until Tam wakes up and gives us more information without freaking out again."

"We wait and then we strike back against the Neverseen."

Thanks for reading and for waiting so long for this chapter. An update will come soon I promise and I'm releasing my next oneshot this Sunday. Also the 17th of September marks the fifty day countdown to book 8.5 Unlocked so expect something on the 17th.