Chapter Eight Fight To Live

To all of you who have your legacy copy. This torture is for you.

Elwin arrived a few minutes after Fitz had hailed him, but to me it felt like an eternity as I watched Tam struggle to draw breath and fight to keep living.
Elwin quickly ran to Tam checking his pulse, blood staining his hands as he did so.
I was still holding Linh's hand and had joined her in crying.
She didn't let go of me or Whylie until Elwin announced that he was taking Tam to Havenfield and she walked up beside Elwin whispering something to him.

Linh insisted on going with her brother, so  she gently grabbed her brothers non broken hand as Sandor picked Tam up in his muscular arms. Then the four of them leaped away in the beam of light.
"Guess we better clean up this mess we have made" Keefe said, poking Vespera who was unconscious with his foot.
"Don't worry we will take care of that Mr.Sencen", we both turned around to see the familiar wrinkled face of Mr. Forkle a she stood closely behind us.
"You kids have done enough, I've already sent Mr. and Mrs.Vacker home,along with Mr.Diznee. You can go home as well Mr.Sencen, or accompany Mrs. Foster home to check on Mr.Son-Tam.
Keefe glanced at me as to ask for permission.
"I'll go with Foster to see how Bangs Boy is doing, I might stay over if Sophie let's me."
I nodded in agreement as he ran a hand though his hair from the stress of everything.
"Alright then I will see you both soon", Mr. Forkle said holding his crystal up to the light and glittering away.
"You sure you want to stay", I asked Keefe pulling out my home crystal. "You know it's not going to be the prettiest sight."
He shrugged giving me one of his smirks.
I sighed then held up my leaping crystal to the light grabbing Keefe's hand before we glittered away.

"You okay Foster", he asked me as we stood in front of Havenfield's door, probably sensing the worry that was radiating off of me.
"Ya I guess", I opened the door to Havenfield and lead Keefe up the giant stairs to our guest room.
Edaline and Grady were waiting outside the door both had worried expressions on their faces.
"Is he alright", I asked,snapping them back to attention as I ran over to hug them.

"We don't know Elwin hasn't come out yet", Edaline said releasing her grasp on me. "We have heard a fare bit of screaming from Bullhorn though.
My face paled
No he couldn't die, we just got him back he couldn't die.
Suddenly the door burst open and Elwin walked out closing the door behind him.
"He's going to live", Elwin announced and we all released a relieved breath of air. "He's going to need weeks of rest and will always have a minor limp, but he'll live. He smiled at he end of his sentence, it was a tired smile but genuine.
"Can we see him", I asked.
Elwin sighed. "You can but he's still unconscious and it's not going to be a pretty sight."
I assured Elwin that I could handle it, but my jaw still clenched as he opened the door  and I could hear Keefe suck in a breath as he saw Tam.
He was laying in the vast bed the blankets pulled over his legs. Linh was beside him holding a silver compress to his forehead, but faintly smiled at us as we walked in.
He was pale, very pale. Bandages wrapped around his chest and head blood beginning  to soak through them and I knew his legs were in the same state.
Dark bruises had formed over his neck, arms and eyes making the dark colors worse against his pale skin. His left arm was in a sling and I could barely see him draw breath.
"He has a severe concussion and several broken ribs along with his arm, not to mention the throwing star wounds." Elwin said from behind us not making me feel any better.
My faces paled and I clung on to Keefe's hand for dear life when I saw it. All of Tam's injuries were terrible but the worst thing was the small banshee sleeping beside him.

Bring on the death threats