Chapter Four The Moonlark's Downfall

Heeeeeeeeeeee I know I know it's been a while but school kills me, no let me rephrase that...EARLY MORNINGS KILL ME. I also have been writing the countdown to legacy. *cough*go check it out *cough*
So umm ya this is chapter four if you don't count the prologue??? Oh also thanks for almost a hundred and fifty views can't believe it.
Ok enjoy the chapter
___________________________
Sirens blared as I raced down the hallways and fires had started to form. Another tremor caused me to loose my balance and go crashing to the floor. Stars danced around my eyes but I forced myself to keep going.
Smoke had started to form and I could feel how the building was lopsided. Kids were screaming and I saw my friends trying to herd them down the exit stairs ,while Linh had started to put out the fires.
Do they have exit stairs?

"Sophie there you are", Fitz said running up and crushing me with a tight embrace. The others turned and hugged me too.
"What's happening", Keefe asked looking at the burning walls as we raced down the stairs.
"The Neverseen are burning down Foxfire and us with it we need to get out". They nodded and and we all began to run down the stairs.
The conversation I had with Tam flashed in my mind and when he had fallen through the glass and disappeared into thin air.  Instant teleportation could be really handy right now.

Another blast rocked Foxfire and I would have fallen on my head if Keefe hadn't caught me.
"Thanks", I said as I stood up. He smiled back.
We finally made it down but when we were met at the door it was blocked.
"Great now what do we do",Biana said looking at the closed doors.
"I don't know", I looked up. The fire had already started to come down the stairs. Smoke was starting to burn at my lungs making me wheeze,
"Watch out",a voice called front the other side of the door everyone turned their heads at the voice. Why had someone come back into the fire and how had they known that we were here.
"Get away from the door guys", I said backing against the nearest wall. Not even a second after I did so the door burst from its hinges and came crashing to the ground.  I raced out my friends close behind me. We all gasped for air once we were outside but there was no sign of the mysterious person who had busted down the door, they had probably run away.
"That was a close one", Keefe said stamping on his cloak which had caught fire. Foxfire had turned from a beautiful building into a fiery inferno. Remorse overwhelmed me as I looked up at what had once been my school.

"So the Moonlark survives certain death yet again".

I turned standing at the edge of a forest was Lady Gisela, Ruy, Alvar, a dozen of ogres, two mysterious hooded figures and Tam. Who was very interested in some shadows he had formed that were wrapping around his hands.  So that's where he ran off to.
"Tam what are you doing", Biana shouted tears already falling down her cheeks. He looked up at her voice meeting her eyes but then looked away.

At this point you could have cut the tension between the two sides with a knife. Sure enough it was cut, but by throwing stars not knives when Sandor and the other bodyguards came running throwing various sharp objects.
I had expected Ruy to make a force field but instead dark shadows surged up that not only blocked the throwing stars. No they full on ricocheted of the shadows coming back at full speed.
I had to hit the ground to avoid one from cutting me in half.
The shadows retreated revealing the Neverseen members behind it,but they didn't go away. Instead they circled around Tam like vultures to dead meat. That's what we would be if we were hit by that.

"I suggest you don't try that again or else one of those throwing stars are going to chop someone's head off,"Lady Gisela said.
The bodyguards didn't throw anything but they still had their various types of swords at the ready.
"What do you want Gisela", I growled glancing at Tam who had returned to fiddling with the shadows.
Lady Gisela looked at me with a evil smile,tossing her hair back.
"Our plan is simpler than usual. All we want
Thanks for reading guys sorry about the cliff hanger chapter five is coming out soon I promise.

You're still here😀good job you scrolled down. I'm not that evil, or am I😏. You'll see.

Is your dead body".
That caught me off guard. Sure the Neverseen have killed lots of people but they never directly say, "hey you're gonna die so get ready".
"Like you will have the chance", Sandor growled stepping in front of me.
"If you want you can all die with her",Lady Gisela smiled. Everyone's faces lit with fury.
"How do you plan on killing all of us", Keefe said indicating towards the seven of us and our tremendous amount of bodyguards. "Not sure how a couple of forcefields and ugly lunatics can do all that", a smug grin formed on his face.
It all went away though when Tam's shadows started to move and Lady Gisela put a hand on his shoulder.
"Tam here is going to show you how that is possible".
Pure dread and sadness were in his eyes as he looked up to face us. He raised his hands towards us which had begun to shake. The shadows followed  them to the angel they were pointing, which just happened to be my face.
"Don't do this Tam", Linh begged tears streaming down her face. His eyes turned to hers for a second but then looked right back to mine.
Why had Tam warned me about he attack only to kill me now by his own hands. Did he hate me? If he did why?I had tried my best to protect Linh  maybe he was mad that I brought her here ,no that wouldn't make cense. Maybe he had been working with the Neverseen this whole time.
"Do it Tam", Lady Gisela said taking a step behind him. The pain in is eyes went away as he closed his fists sending the shadows into haywire swirling and flying in all directions. When did he learn to do all this, teleport, turn the shadows into solids. I didn't even want to know what this was going to do.
Here I was the great Moonlark cowering behind my bodyguard. I had been completely blind and that was going to be my down fall.

I was a weak fool and now.

I'm dead.
___________________________________
Chapter four is finally done with 1357 words wow.