Introductions

Lily & Rose ~ Blossoming Magic ~

Learners are people who can use magic, but they have to learn it through the use of complex spells and rituals. The magic enters the caster's body at the time of the incantation and performs what the caster wants. While not casting spells the Learners are not magical beings. It takes years and years to learn how to do more than little tricks. Most of the higher-level magics require long, intricate spells or rituals that require a considerable amount of time and knowledge to pull off.

Talents are people who have a knack for using magic. They have to learn the spells as Learners do, but they do not require the initial "summoning of magic" and can access it by concentration alone. When not casting spells, Talents are not magical beings, although their magic is just a quick thought away.

Naturals are people who do not need spells, rituals, or even concentration. What might take a learner fifteen years to learn and two hours to perform, a Natural can do in the blink of an eye. They have magic coursing through them like blood. Some Naturals even possess slightly differently tinted blood because of high magic concentrations. There is no time in the life of a Natural when they are not using magic, so even when they are not actively doing anything, they are still considered magical beings since they use magic instinctively. Not even requiring a sentient effort. Some do magic in their sleep. Feeling anything can amplify the magic capability of a Natural, so they are usually reserved and seen as "cold" individuals, simply out of necessity.

Introductions

Lilia Martinson

A 17-year-old young woman from a Norwegian family. Magic users are common in her family and when she was young, her aunt Cecilie sparked her interest in magic. She has long blonde hair that she usually keeps on two front-sweeping pigtails, sometimes she ties it into a ponytail. Her eyes are the color of bright emerald or vibrant leaves. She's also a self-proclaimed lesbian from an early age. When she got older though, she's been quieter about it and hasn't really told anyone after she hit 16. Lilia is a Learner, meaning her magic comes with effort and knowledge.

Rose Caldwell

Born to a wealthy English family, Rose lives in a large manor some ways from school. In her family magic users - specifically Naturals - are highly valued and respected. Her father is one of the few Class A Naturals in the entire world. When Rose's immense magical power manifested, they instantly raised her as the family's Great Hope and put to school. Rose doesn't like school at all though, and usually just sleeps through all classes - because she knows most of that stuff already. Rose has shoulder-length pastel pink hair that always seems to be slightly frizzy. Her eyes are sort of grayish with a strong pink tint. Because she's a high-level mage and thus susceptible to danger with magic, Rose has learned to control her feelings and has closed them all off, making her appear cold and calculating, even as someone with no feelings to outsiders.

Tarutaru Enoka

Rich green and short hair, slightly spiky. Outgoing personality, happy and diligent, doing all her homework, and attending class, Tarutaru is a favorite of many a teacher. She's a Talent that has had considerable success from an early age. Her hunger for knowledge and aptitude for magic makes her one of the best actual magic users in her class, possibly second only to the magical prodigy, Rose. Tarutaru has had a crush on a fellow student from an alternate class - a Warlock - for the last year or so, ever since she first attended this school. Tarutaru's parents are American, but her heritage comes from Australia and she's proud of it. Her name means "grass" in Maori. She has chocolate-brown skin and her eyes are amber-colored. Tarutaru has large round eyeglasses.

Aoi Richter

Half Asian, Half German. 19 years old Aoi is a 3rd Grade student at the school. She has long, luscious light blue hair, that she keeps open. Her eyes are very light blue and slightly sparkly. Aoi thinks of herself as asexual and aromantic, having had no interests in that area. She likes to see her friends get together though. She started as Rose's classmate two years ago and was one of the few people Rose would take to. Aoi is a low-classed Natural. She's more reserved than a regular magic user, but more emotional than Naturals usually. She laughs and jokes and is more or less a pain in Rose's butt most of the time.