Holding Hands in the Park

Lily's walking along a hallway in school, when Aoi closes in from behind.

"Oi there blondie-chan!" Aoi yells at Lily.

"Oh, Aoi-senpai, hello"

"You have it good, blondie-chan, you are loved." Aoi says as she pats Lily's head and grins, then just walks away.

"What?" Lily shouts, "Come back! You can't just leave after spouting anything mysterious like that! Richter! Get your ass back here!" She calls after Aoi, who just laughs loudly while just continuing to walk away, her hair glowing faintly in the breeze. She waves her hand.

"See ya later blondie-chan!" Aoi yells while walking away.

"AAAAA. She's IMPOSSIBLE! It's infuriating when she does that!" Lily exclaims and stomps her foot down. She mutters something under her breath and continues to walk towards the classroom.

After the lessons, everyone else leaves, but there are three people left inside, Lily watching out of the window, deep in her thoughts Rose with her head on top of her hands on the desk and a classmate just packing the rest of their stuff.

"Oi. Learner. Martinson?" Rose says suddenly.

"What? Oh, Cotton Candy. Just call me Lilia, or Lily, like everyone else." Lily says and tries to hide a small blush. :: She's talking to me! She never initiates any contact! What do I do now? ::

"Eh, sure. You can call me—, you know what never mind about that, why do you call me Cotton Candy?" Rose asks.

:: Because you're sooo sweet—:: "Ah, well, when I first say you that was what popped into my mind about your hair, it looks like a cotton candy puff... No offense, I like you, eh your—your hair. Not that I watch it much but it's ok. I guess. I'm babbling, sorry."

Rose smiles at Lily "You're a funny one Mar—Lilia. Listen, Aoi told me you've been interested in us Naturals?"

"Aoi told you what? Uh—yeah, yeah. I'm interested in all.. Naturals. Of course in general, nobody specific, not at all. Eh." :: Why am I so nervous? I wish the ground would swallow me right now! ::

"Come to the park, near the lilies, after school today."

"Su-sure!" :: Whaaaat! I'm meeting her? Alone?! ::

Afternoon once all the classes are over. Near the lilies in the park. Lily's sitting on a bench, nervously twitching her legs up and down. A bit further away, Rose enters the park walkway. She waves at Lily and hurries over.

"Sorry I'm late, the teachers were on my ass again."

"Ah- don't worry, I just arrived myself!"

"So.. uh, before I tell you anything, can I just ask you to do something.. Slightly weird? I want to confirm something. " Rose says awkwardly.

"Eh, sure? What?"

Rose extends her hand. "Hold my hand."

"Whaat? O-okay..." :: Hold her hand? My hands are getting sweaty. Why is this happening? It's like I'm dreaming... ::

Lily blushes and grabs Rose's hand gently. Rose closes her eyes and blushes slightly, and her hair glows and tiny bits of eyeliner dance above her eyes.

:: What is this? I don't understand! I'm not complaining but why does she want to hold my hand? Her hand is so soft and tiny... And so warm, I don't want to let go...! ::

"Ah.. thank you. Uhm.. you can.. Let go now..."

"Sorry! Sorry! Didn't mean to.. "

"Don't worry about it. Thanks for indulging me. Anyway, I asked you here—uh, can I sit next to you...?"

"Of course, sure, it's not my bench, hehe." :: I'm a nervous wreck. I'm here alone with her, just the two of us. She's so close I could kiss—ooooh no, I can't think anything like that or I'll explode....! ::

Rose sits down, takes a deep breath and her effects fade, except for a tiny heart on the side of her left eye. She turns towards Lily. "Lilia..." She says and then sings softly under her breath {There's things I wanna say to you...}

:: Did she just sing? I don't recognize the song from that; I don't think... :: Lily watches her and tries to listen.

"I- I've been doing some tests with Aoi and... Uh, Aoi has told you about the feelings and Naturals thing, yes?"

"Yes, and the teachers too."

"Yeah, that's my point. Look, have you ever heard any examples of us going bad with feelings associated with positive things? Like, happiness and laughter and... love." The heart above Rose's eyeliner pulses brightly on her face when she says it.

:: LOVE!? She's here, and she says love?! I'm going to die here ain't I? My heart can't take this.:: Lily thinks and can't help blushing a bit.

"EEEEehh!?!? What?! Uh.. Now—Now that you mention it.. No.. all the examples are always negative feelings. But they do warn about all powerful emotions though..."

"Yeah, exactly... As I said, I've been doing tests with Aoi and.. I think we've found something the teachers either don't even know about, or worse - they know but don't want us to know."

"What?!"

"Yeah... I'm not 100% sure yet, but.. I'm fairly sure positive emotions are not dangerous, however strong they are."

"What?! At all?!"

"Well, not all-all. I almost peed my pants when Aoi told a funny joke, but magic-wise no. I don't think I was ever in danger of losing control. Actually... I felt... Better."

"How... How about the stronger positive feelings, like... Uh... love?"

Rose flicks her face towards Lily and blushes, her eyeliner draws hearth-shapes around her temples and her hair lights up at the tips.

"Ehh!? I-I—I don't know, I—anyway, I must go now, thanks for coming, I'll.. I'll talk to you later again." Rose stands up and hurries away.

:: What was all that?! But.. Positive feelings are not dangerous..?! Why am I so happy about that...? Do I really...? ::