Rose Has a Friend

Some days afterwards, on one morning, Lily walks into the class and sees almost everyone there already. She makes her way towards her spot and calls out to Rose when she walks past her.

"Good morning Cotton Candy!"

Rose doesn't react in any way, Lily sits at her chair and waves to Tarutaru.

"Good morning Grass Patch!"

"Morning Lily! Why do you bother, Lily? She's not going to reply to you, or anyone. Let her be."

"But I wanna know about her. I wanna be her friend..."

"She doesn't have friends. Well, unless you count the 3rd year girl, Aoi Richter. She doesn't seem like a regular friend either, but at least they hang out together. Leave her be, Lily."

"Richter?"

"Yeah, Aoi Richter. She's the Asian-looking woman with the stunning blue hair who hangs around Caldwell at times. They used to be classmates in the first and second year, but then Caldwell didn't manage to get enough points to move up classes from the 2nd Grade - because she never does anything — and Richter moved on. They still hang around each other most of the times and you could call her Caldwell's only friend."

"Oh, so she does have friends."

"Kind of. They don't hang around after school or anything though."

"Hey, we do neither."

"That's mostly because I spend most of my time commuting from so far..."

"Why don't you move to the dorms, Grass Patch?"

"I like to live by myself more, also you get to live there via a grant because your home is in another country. I live here so I'd have to pay more and I can't afford it."

"Oh, makes sense."

Teacher enters the classroom, and the lesson begins, ending their discussion at that time.