When the Rain Begins to Fall

Curtains are closed, lights dim. For a moment, the whole hall is pitch black. Rose and Lily walk to the stage, taking their places next to each other. A dim spotlight homes on Lily and the music starts. She's standing there on the right side of the stage, gaze cast downwards, palms on top of each other on her chest. She' starts to sing softly at first.

{ Like the sand can seep right through your fingers so can all your days

As those days go by you'll have me there to help you find

The way I feel with you I know it's got to last forever }

The spotlight grows brighter, Lily raises her face to the audience spreads her hands towards them. Her eyes are glowing softly white. She starts to sing more loudly.

{ And when the rain begins to fall

You'll ride my rainbow in the sky

And I will catch you if you fall

You'll never have to ask me why

And when the rain begins to fall

I'll be the sunshine in your life

You know that we can have it all

And everything will be alright }

Music stays on, Lily's spotlight dims. Gradually another spotlight comes on - dim as well - centered on Rose. She starts exactly like Lily did but on the left side of the stage, face downwards, hands on her chest, singing softly. Only because she's Rose, the reaction from the audience differs slightly as her feelings are carried in the tune much more raw than Lily's.

{ Time goes by so fast

You've got to have a dream

To just hold on

All my dreams of love began

With the reality of

You and I believe

That all our dreams will last forever }

Spotlight once again grows brighter, Rose lifts her gaze and spreads her hands just like lily did. Rose's eyes glow brightly pink and her wrists and face are filled with intricate designs. She lifts her voice and sings loudly. People gasp in the audience and there's more than one "that sounds angelic!" murmur from the upcoming first-graders. Everyone is as quiet as they can. Aoi smiles from ear to ear like a proud mother.

{ And when the rain begins to fall

You'll ride my rainbow in the sky

And I will catch you if you fall

You'll never have to ask me why

And when the rain begins to fall

I'll be the sunshine in your life

You know that we can have it all

And everything will be alright }

Rose's spotlight turns off abruptly, and lily's spotlight turns on. She takes a couple of steps towards the center of the stage. { Though the sun may hide }, Lily sings.

Lily's spotlight dims, but doesn't turn off entirely. She turns her gaze towards the right of the stage where Rose is standing in darkness and then her spotlight turns on. Rose too takes a couple of steps towards the center of the stage. { We still can see }, Rose sings.

Both spotlights dim momentarily, then they flick on full power lighting both of them brightly. Both rose and lily step towards the center so they are standing next to each other. { The light that shines for you and me, We'll be together all that we can be }, they both sing at the same time.

Rose and Lily grab each other's hands, the lights on the stage all turn on full power lighting it brightly. The two of them step forward, hand in hand, and sing loudly and passionately, all the while looking at each other.

{ And when the rain begins to fall

You'll ride my rainbow in the sky

And I will catch you if you fall

You'll never have to ask me why

And when the rain begins to fall

I'll be the sunshine in your life

You know that we can have it all

And everything will be alright }

While singing, they keep holding their hands. As the verse goes on, they both slowly lift off the ground and hover a couple of feet above the stage. There's a few oohs and ah's from the audience and some surprised yelps. Pink and white light globes circle around them. Aoi's looking at them with her mouth open. They both turn towards each other and grab both hands and draw close to them. { And when the rain begins to fall }

They are really close to each other, looking into their eyes. { You'll ride my rainbow in the sky } Rose sings

Rose lets go and lifts her hands towards the sky, moves a bit away from Lily, doing a little spin in the air. { And I will catch you if you fall } Lily sings.

Lily extends her hands towards Rose, who sings { You'll never have to ask me why }

Rose hovers down to Lily arms. { And when the rain begins to fall }, they both sing while embracing in mid-air, hovering.

{ I'll be the sunshine in your life } Lily grabs Rose by her shoulders and looks straight into her eyes.

{ You know that we can have it all, And everything will be alright } they both sing. They spin slowly in the air, pink and white sparkles flying all around them. As the singing ends, they kiss in the air and the spotlights turn off, leaving only a faint pink glow in the otherwise dark hall. In the pink glow you can slightly see as Lily and Rose are kissing, coiled around each other, hovering in the air. They land, and soft spotlight lights both of them. The music ends and they bow deeply, still hand in hand.. The applause is almost deafening. Rose looks at Lily, who nods. They both rise to the air again, then fly up, disappearing in the night through the ceiling window that just opened, still holding hands. The applause goes on long after either of them could hear it anymore.

"Well, I'll be!" Aoi exclaims in the audience. "Did not expect that from them, but... I probably should have."