Morning After

Next morning, Lily wakes up and sees Rose sleeping peacefully next to her and smiles tenderly at her. :: Is this really real? She's here, sleeping next to me and I can wake up and see her first thing in the morning...? I'm so lucky... I'm so lucky I can't believe it... :: She strokes Rose's hair gently and caresses Rose's shoulder and arm. Rose stirs and blinks her eyes open slightly. She squints at Lily and smiles widely.

"... orning, my love...", she mutters and touches Lily's face with her fingers. "It feels kind of unreal...", she adds.

"I know..." Lily whispers to her, "I was just thinking the same, that this is actually real and I can wake up next to you... I feel like I'm the luckiest person on earth."

"I feel the same..." Rose says quietly. "I would never, in my wildest dreams, think that I could have something like that someday. I was fully prepared to die without feeling anything, once my magic awoke, but..." She touches her chest gently, her fingertips touching the brand new jewel on her chest.

"You got that yesterday..." Lily says and puts her hand on top of Rose's on her chest.

"Yeah.. when you kissed me after the performance... I almost panicked, I really thought that I'd do something terrible, but you just kept going on, and... and somehow I accepted it. That you are here, with me and you accept me as I am... and doing so I felt... I felt something different inside me. It's like... like there isn't anything between me and magic anymore.. not that there ever was, but.. I can't explain it.. It's like, whatever I'm feeling, magic is there, but not... not in an adverse way. Lili, I think I could feel sad or angry now, and it wouldn't be that bad, like.. like this jewel, this gem was here as a dampener and amplifier at the same time. I feel like I could flick the planet to the next galaxy just by thinking of it, but at the same time I feel like I couldn't do anything if I didn't really want to? It's really hard to explain."

"I can't claim that I understand, but... but I'm really, really happy that it's a good thing. I couldn't take it if anything bad happened to you..." Lily says. She bends closer to Rose and kisses her passionately on her lips. "Cotton Candy...", she whispers "There's still an hour before we need to get up..."

Outside, an early passer-by wonders why there's a bright pink glow coming from a window in the student dorms.