Invitation for Rose

"Hey Cotton Candy..." Lily says to Rose as she spots her leaning on a windowsill in the hallway. It's early evening, morning classes have just ended and people are leaving for lunch all around them.

"Hi Lilia..." Rose says and blushes a little and her heart-eyeliner pulses.

"You know, my birthday's next month and..." Lily starts, then pauses awkwardly. "And I thought if you'd like to come? It's just a small thing, my room in the dorms only and just a couple of people. Grass Patch's coming and I thought I'd ask if Aoi can come too... thought I don't know her that much, but I though if she came, then it'd be nicer for you since you and Aoi seem to be friends and you don't know the rest of us that well and.. and I'm rambling again, sorry. Eh." Lily continues and nervously fiddles with her hair tips.

"I—I'd love to...!" Rose says and then catches herself and looks down embarrassed. "That is, that is, if you don't mind me there, uh... I... I can ask Aoi too, if you want, but.. but I'll be there even if she can't!"

"Thank you! Uh.. well, uhm. Until... until tomorrow, I guess..?" Lily says nervously.

"Yeah... " Rose says and seems to almost say something else, but decides against it. "Until tomorrow then..." She continues, picks up her bag and starts walking away.

Lily's looking after her disappearing back. :: She's coming!? She's coming into my room! My heart... now I wish I hadn't said anything to Grass Patch or Aoi, then it would be just the two of us... No, Lilia, get a grip. This is just a small birthday party... ::

Lily stands there a minute or so after Rose has disappeared and then draws a deep breath. :: Oh my, that was nerve-wracking... I feel like I could eat a horse... :: she thinks and walks towards the cafeteria.