Nightly Visitor

Lily's room in the dormitories, late evening. Lily's sitting at her desk, doodling hearts on her notebook. Suddenly there's a knock on the window - which is a feat in itself, as Lily's room is on the third floor.

"What the...?", Lily stands up and moves the drapes slightly and spots a now-really-welcome-and-familiar-face surrounded by frilly pink hair. Rose is grinning wildly and the tips of her hair glow pink like they'd be on fire. Lily opens her window.

"Cotton Candy? What the heck?", Lily exclaims, but her smiles betrays that she's really happy about this.

"I missed you too much, I had to see you!", Rose says and clasps her hands together at her chest.

"Alright that's just too cute, come in.", Lily says, moves to the side and allows Rose to enter the room.

Rose lands softly, looks at Lily and smiles. She glances at Lily's bed and blushes wildly.

"You're remembering something naughty, right?", Lily grins at her.

"Well, I... uh..." Rose stutters and looks downwards. She raises her eyes to meet Lily's and smiles at her coyly.

Lily walks closer and grabs Rose into a tight hug. "You don't need to be embarrassed about that with me", she says. "We both wanted - and still want - to hold each other and touch each other," Lily kisses Rose gently. She sits down on her bed and pulls Rose down with her to her lap. She gently brushes her fingertips across Rose's cheek. "I'm so happy, Cotton Candy... I'm so happy I don't even understand myself."

Rose wraps her hands around Lily and hugs holds her close. She gently nibbles Lily's neck with her lips. "I know Lili.. I feel the same... I feel.. I feel like nothing before. Like.. I don't even know the words, Lili. I've never felt before. I've just... kept myself shut, but you... you opened me up to the world. I swear, my dearest—", Rose says, takes Lily's hand and places it on her chest, on the gem. "—that someday I will be able to convey to you how much you have done for me."

Lily looks at her gently and brushes her cheek with her hand. She takes a deep breath and seems to remember something. "Rose, I've been meaning to tell you, but... you even smell wonderful," she says.

"Smell?! Do I stink?", Rose says, taken aback.

"No, no, no no. You smell, like... like flowers, roses I think. It's a sweet fragrance that just, just.. I love it."

"My shampoo perhaps...?" Rose says stroking her hair.

"Don't know, might be. Or then it's just you. Everything about you is just wonderful." Lily says and smiles at her. She lets herself fall down to her bed, lying on her back. Rose climbs on top of her and traces a line along Lily's shirt with her fingers. She looks at Lily with a mischievous smile on her face and licks her lips.

"Ah, you weren't sleepy at all, right...?" Rose says, grinning wickedly at her.