Chapter 22

"Grandma, I'm back!" Emilyn shouted as soon as she closes the door behind her.

"You don't have to shout, I'm right here." Grandma Lou said, sitting on the couch.

"Oops, sorry," Emilyn said.

"Is fine, how was your trip?" Grandma Lou asked.

"Terrible, my back is sore from sleeping in the car," Emiyln told her. "But the other half is not as bad." She shrugs her jacket off her shoulder. "Why aren't you worried about me staying the whole night with a guy?" Emilyn asked

"Because, I know that Christopher is a good guy, he won't do anything to hurt you."  Grandma Lou said. "Besides, he texts me about your situation and promises he'll take care of you."

"You easily trust this guy, that you met like 3 or 4 times." Emilyn places her hands on her hips.

"You don't?" Grandma Lou asked Emiyln. "He gave me a very positive impression and are you hurt?" Emilyn shook her head. "Then he didn't treat you badly or taken an advantage of you when both of you are in the car alone."

Emilyn huff, "Yeah, I guess you are right. I'm going to shower and head out right after."

"Okay, I'm heading out now to the orphanage." Grandma Lou stood from the couch.

"Have you taken your medicine?" Emilyn asked, before going into her room.

"Yes, I did." Grandma Lou shakes her head. "You know you don't have to remind me all the time."

Emilyn sigh, "I know grandma."

"Don't worry, everything is going to be fine." Grandma Lou hugs her. "Don't worry too much."

Emilyn nods her head and break away from the hug, "I'm heading out now, see you later." Grandma Lou said, taking her bag and left.

***

"Hi, I saw the wanted a sign on the window. Are you still hiring?" Emilyn asked the guy at the front of the counter.

"Yes, we are hiring. What can you do?" He asked

"I don't really have any profession in making coffee or serving tables, but I can always learn. I'm a fast learner." Emilyn told him or more like begging.

"Hmm..." He looks at Emilyn and rubbed his chin. "Let me get the manager." He picks up the phone. "She's at the back, come." He opens the opening at the side for her to enter.

"Ms Blue, we have a new recruit." He pushes Emilyn into the room.

"Come in." She said and Emilyn closes the door. "So you want a job." She raises one of her eyebrows. "Resume?" Emilyn quickly took it out and gave it to her. "You are a journalist." She looks up at Emilyn, "Why do you want this job?"

"I need some extra money, some family issue," Emilyn explain.

"I see." She nods. "Have you waited tables before?"

"No," Emilyn shook her head. "But I can learn, I learn fast."

"Okay." She said. "You're hired."

"Can I request something?" Ms Blue nods, "I'm only able to work on the weekends."

"Okay, can you work late?" She asked, "We open till 1 am on the weekend."

"Yes," Emilyn answered without hesitation.

"Welcome to the team." She put out her hand for Emilyn to shake.

"Thank you, I promise I'll do my best." Emilyn shakes Ms Blue's hand.