Chapter 37

"Good morning," Emilyn said softly, not wanting to disturb the patient next to Grandma Lou.

"Morning." Grandma Lou smiles and slowly sit up.

"How did you sleep last night?" Emilyn asked, pulling a chair next to the bed.

"Not so good." Grandma Lou shakes her head. "I kept getting up to use the toilet. My neighbor was irritated by me for using the toilet quite often during the night." She let out a small laugh. Emilyn let out a small yawn. "Feeling tired?"

"Just a little. I'll be fine." She smiles.

"Hey, why didn't you wait for me?" Christopher came into the room.

"Christopher? What are you doing here?" Emilyn scrunches her eyebrow.

"I came to see Grandma Lou of course." He said. "You should have wait for me, I can drive you here." Emilyn just shrug.

"You stay over?" Grandma Lou asked him.

"Uhm... yeah." He rubs the nape of his neck. "I don't want Emilyn to stay alone. I promise I didn't do any inappropriate things." He put out his palm in the air, like taking a pledge.

"Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not opposing it," Grandma Lou said. "Thank you for staying with her." She smiles and he returns it.

"So how are you feeling? Are you nervous?" Christopher asks her.

"A little, but I'll get through it. I'll most likely pass out to know anything." Grandma Lou lightly laugh.

Christopher nods, "have you eaten breakfast yet?" He turns to ask Emilyn.

"Not yet."

"Emilyn, you haven't had your breakfast yet?" Grandma Lou scolds. "How many times I told you not to skip breakfast." She frowns.

"I know, but I was worried about you." Emilyn pout.

"I know you worry about me, but you still have to take care of yourself." Grandma Lou said Emilyn hang her head down.

"I got you some breakfast just in case." Christopher interrupts, lifting a brown paper bag. "I got you juice, a sandwich, and a breakfast set."

"Woah, this is too much. You don't have to do this." Emilyn looks inside the bag.

"Christopher is being caring, just accept it. Don't talk so much nonsense and eat it." Grandma Lou scold her and Christopher lightly chuckle.

"Thanks." He passes her the food.

"Christopher, why are you still standing? Emilyn go grab him a chair." Grandma Lou said. She places her food down on the side table and got up, but was stopped by Christopher.

"I'll get it, you eat your breakfast." He pushes ber down lightly by the shoulder and gets the chair near the window.

"Look how thoughtful he is, don't lose him," Grandma Lou lean forward and said softly.

"I know," Emilyn said knowingly

"Christopher, are you staying for the long term with my grandbaby?" Grandma Lou asked him.

"Grandma, you can't ask him that." Emilyn shakes her head. "We've only been dating for about 2 months."

"I'm asking Christopher not you," Grandma Lou said making a gesture to zip her mouth

Christopher chuckle, placing the chair next to Emilyn. "It actually been 3 months now." Christopher sat down and glances at Emilyn. "To answer your question grandma Lou is yes. I am staying for the long term."