Chapter 46

"Why hasn't anyone call me?" Emilyn throws her hands frustratedly into the air. "They should, is been like one day."

"Maybe they caught up with something?" Ana said.

"But, they could at least give me an update on the situation. A text would be nice."

"Have you text them?" Ana asked.

"I did, since the day of that accident." Emilyn throw her phone on the couch

"Patient, they will call," Ana said

"If Finley didn't call you when he goes outstation to work, will you freak?" Emilyn asked

"of course," Ana said immediately.

"And you are asking me to be patient?" Emilyn frowned.

"Sorry, but sometimes we will freak out, but we can't do anything. Just sit and wait for their call." Ana told her.

A call ringing jolted her from the slumped position on the couch, "Is Christopher." Emilyn showed Ana her phone.

"Answer it, what are you waiting for?"

Emilyn press it, but Jax's face is on the screen. "Jax?" She frowned.

"Hi, Emilyn. Sorry for not replying to your text. We have been busy."

"Where's Christopher?" Emilyn asked.

"Right here." He moves his camera to the bed. The camera fidget and Christopher end up on the screen.

"Hi, baby." Christopher waved and said with a smile.

"Don't hi baby me." Ana chuckled at the side, Emilyn gives her a sharp glare before turning her head back to the screen.

"I'm sorry, but we were handling something." He said.

"You could at least text me or tell me what happen to you?" Emilyn looks at the white patch on the side of his head. "How bad it is?"

"This?" He touches the bandage. "This is just a small wound, I got hit and collided with the steering wheel."

"Hey, Emilyn." Jax came onto the screen. "You didn't know, Christopher was...." Christopher shut his mouth by placing a hand over Jax's mouth. Emilyn scrunched her eyebrows at the scene.

"Is nothing, don't listen to him," Christopher said. "You should go to bed, is late."

"Late? Aren't you the one who is six hours earlier than me?" Emilyn asked. He chuckled, "When are you going to be back?"

"Probably next week, I got one last race."

"The finalist race?" Emilyn asked

"Yeah"

"When are you getting discharged?"

"By tomorrow."

"Alright, I'll see you when you come back." She smiled at him.

"I love you, bye," he said, and Emilyn waved back at him and ended the call.