Chapter 36

"Ana, this is too tough." Emilyn tries to chew the meat and spit it out.

"Let me try it." She cut a piece and chew it. "You are right." She scrunches her face and tries her hardest to chew it. "I'm going to try a new one." She spits it out.

"Are you sure you got it?" Emilyn asked her.

"Yeah, don't worry. Yesterday, I spend the whole night watching youtube videos." She puts another meat on the pan and it sizzles loudly.

Emilyn push the plate away for the 10th time, "Do you need my help?"

"Do you know how to cook this?" She turns around.

"Not really." Emilyn shook her head. "I'm going to check online how to do it first." She gave a sheepish smile before checking it online. But her mind is caught somewhere else instead of searching how to cook a tender steak. "Why do I feel so weird about the whole situation with Christopher and that girl Chloe? It is not like they kiss, I shouldn't be thinking about it, or should I?" Emilyn thought.

"Emilyn! Emilyn!" Ana snapped her fingers in front of her face.

"Huh? Yes?" Emilyn answered, and look up from her phone.

"What are you thinking of so deeply?" Ana asked, frowning. "Have you find any recipe?"

"Oh yeah, I did." She showed her the page. "They said that you should cook your meat for 4 minutes for medium-rare each side."

"Alright then." She places another piece of meat on the pan.

"Hey, what happened to the previous one?" Emilyn asked.

"I burned that," Ana said sheepishly. Emilyn chuckles and sets the timer for 4 minutes. "So, what were you thinking so deeply about?" She asked.

"I don't know if I'm thinking too much about it," Emilyn told her.

"Tell me." She insisted.

"Uhm...it started when I went to Christopher's office, then when I went to open his office. I saw a girl's arms around his neck and his hands around her waist." She explains

"Then what did you do after that?"

"You know what I always do if I got put into an awkward situation," Emilyn said.

"Standing there in shock and starts to ramble." Ana reply.

"Exactly, that's what I did."

"What?!" she shouted. "You just stood there." The timer ring on her phone.

"Flip it," Emilyn told her and set the timer for another 4 minutes. "What am I suppose to do?" She asked Ana.

"Uhm...confront him? Your boyfriend holding onto another girl, you asked me what you're supposed to do?" She places one hand on her hips.

"But I don't think that anything is wrong about the situation, he might catch her when she's about to fall or they are just hugging." Emilyn shrug.

"Oh my god, Emilyn Walker." Ana groans and shakes her head. "He shouldn't be hugging another girl."

"but Pierce told me that they were old friends."