Chapter 44

"You forgot this." Christopher places a cup of orange juice next to Emilyn's plate and then take a seat next to her.

"Thanks." She smiled at him. They finish their breakfast and gather around the lobby. "So what are we going to do today?"

"You are going to have fun, I'm sure of it," Christopher told her and grab her hand, "Let's go." They head into the city and stop at the fountain.

"Wow, so pretty," Emilyn gaze at the fountain and many people are gathered around there.

"This is called the Trevi Fountain," Christopher said. "They said that you could toss a coin in here. For one coin, you'll return to the city of Rome, two coins, and you will return and find love and three coins, you will return, find love and marry." He took out coins from his pocket and hand them to Emilyn.

She took one coin and threw it into the fountain. Christopher gave her a frown. "What?" He took three coins and threw them in the fountain. "Are guys done?" He turns to the guys before walking ahead. 

"What's going on?" Ana asked her. Emilyn shrugs and follows the guys. We visited the Colosseum, Vatican museum, and many other attractions and stopped for lunch at an authentic pizzeria.

Ana gave Emilyn a look and cocked her head in Christopher's direction; she scrunched her eyebrows and mouthed the word 'what?'

"Don't you feel that your boyfriend feels a little grumpy?" Ana leans towards her and whispers. Emilyn turns to glance at him and found him knitting his eyebrows together. "Go see what's going on." She said.

Emilyn turned to Christopher and called his name, but he didn't answer. So, she tugs the bottom of his shirt to get his attention.

"Yes?" He finally looks at her

"Are you feeling okay?" Emilyn asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" He said.

"I don't know you just seem you are not."

"Trust me, Emilyn. I'm fine." He assured. "He called me Emilyn; he doesn't call me Emilyn. Something is wrong." Emilyn thought, but she decided to let it go for now.

***
"You like it?" Christopher ask. After lunch, they head into the shopping areas and stop at one of the stalls.

"Yeah," Emilyn admire the bracelet.

"You want it?"

"Uhm..." Emilyn find the price on the bracelet. "Uhm.. no." She then places the bracelet down.

"Why? You like it; why don't you want it?" Christopher asked.

"Is fine." She walks away from the stall to Ana and Finley. They are at the next booth looking at snacks.

"Ooh, Emilyn, you are here. Try this." Ana stuffed U- shape piece in her mouth.

"Yummy," She smiles and gives a thumbs up.

"Right." Ana smiles and she bought one bag.

"Give me your hand," Christopher said. Emilyn scrunched her eyebrows and stretch out her hand for him. He claps a shiny silver bracelet on her arm.