li. Sunny Side Up!

li. Sunny Side Up!

Annabeth loved how his fresh, ocean aroma still lingered on her clothes and it made her smile

Annabeth loved how his fresh, ocean aroma still lingered on her clothes and it made her smile. Everything is okay. Percy was still hers and loves her and her only. They had fortunately moved on from the miscommunication, however, Annabeth was haunted by guilt that Percy didn't tell her about his cold because he didn't want to bother or worry her. He could never bother her. He was worth more than any grades and tests she had.

In her pajamas and blonde hair pulled in a bun, she was sketching a design for her art class when Bobby opened the door and peeked his head in with a sheepish expression.

"Hey, Annabeth!" exclaimed Bobby, then lowered his voice. "Dinner is ready though mommy is mad so don't try to get her angrier!"

Annabeth resisted the urge to snort and instead cocked an eyebrow, "Why is Helen mad?"

"I don't know," Shrugged Bobby. "But I know she's very mad because she threatened to take my orange juice away."

"Oh my god, not the orange juice," gasped Annabeth, suppressing her laugh, then said, "That sucks, I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Bobby beamed, "Because orange juice and I will always be together no matter what!"

Annabeth laughed and softly smiled (she didn't understand her brother's love for orange juice but it was so cute).

Tonight's dinner was hellish: the first half was Helen complaining about the twins' soccer game and the second half was just silence (after her dad calm her down) which she didn't really mind.

Afterwards, she absentmindedly scrolled through Instagram while eating a green apple when she saw Percy had messaged her.

Seaweed Brain 🌊🍪✨
Hey Wise girl!
I hope you're having a good Saturday night!
Estelle says hi to you and Mrs. O'Leary!

Aw, I love her <3
I'll tell Mrs. O'Leary you said hi later

Seaweed Brain 🌊🍪✨
okay!
guess what?

what?

Seaweed Brain 🌊🍪✨
I said guess, wise girl!

haha ok
uh, you finish your calculus homework?

Seaweed Brain 🌊🍪✨
yes
but that's not what I wanted to tell you about

oh ok
what is it then?

Seaweed Brain 🌊🍪✨
I'm currently reading False God (the book you recommended) rn and the main female character reminds of you
She's so cool, smart, and is described to be very, very pretty
Read at 7:15 PM

"Why are you smiling? Hmm?" Helen furrowed her eyebrows.

"Uh, it's nothing—I'm just reading a book and it's very cute."

"What is it called?" frowned Helen, not convinced. "Hm?"

"False God," Lied Annabeth, getting up. "It's quite a good book if you ask me."

Helen nodded then began fussing over the twins as they made a mess and Annabeth excused herself from the table and continued texting Percy as she headed to her bedroom.

You're right
She is so me
Not only is she so gorgeous, smart, and cool, she has a awesome, loyal, sweet boyfriend

Seaweed Brain 🌊🍪✨
☺️☺️
But I'm cooler right?

Definitely :)
Read at 7:22 PM

It was still very gloomy throughout the weekend but the next week was predicted to be very sunny and she hoped it would be.

It was Monday morning and Annabeth groaned when her alarm rang at 5:45 AM and her eyes flickered open; she watched the shadow from her curtains dancing on the wall for a few minutes then got ready for school.

Dressed in a pink Tommy Hilfiger shirt and some tight jeans with her hair pulled into a high ponytail, Annabeth ate her breakfast then got too engrossed in her newly checked out book (Girls on the Line by Jennie Liu) that she lost track of time and missed her usual bus to go to school.

The cold mid January greeted Annabeth as she hurried outside and bit her lips, realizing she was going to be late, and sighed. She hopes Percy wasn't too lonely waiting for her.

The sky was still a dark blue when Annabeth arrived at Goode High School and she headed inside to the cafeteria where she spotted Percy.

Annabeth then furrowed her eyebrow when she realized that Percy was talking to Elle and frowned, watching as Elle tucked a strand of hair behind her ears, giggled at something Percy said, and playfully hit him.

Annabeth bit her lips, recalling how close Elle and Percy had became in the last couple of months: Elle was Irene's step-sister, who was Estelle's best friend, therefore they have been hanging out a lot (not to mention, they had a lot of common interests). 

Stop it, Annabeth, she thought. Percy would never cheat on her. Besides, like Percy always says, she is just a friend.

After reassuring herself multiple times, Annabeth walked over to them were and Percy's eyes lit up when he saw her and instantly greeted her with a kiss and wrapped his arm around her waist, causing Annabeth to softly smile. A small, satisfied smirk formed on her face as Annabeth noticed Elle's pout.

"Anyways, as I was saying, that sounds fun! I would to love to hang out with you!" he exclaimed, causing Annabeth to bit back her frown, "When should we do it? This weekend?"

"Yes, sounds good!" she beamed then stood up, "Anyways, I'm going to go but it was nice talking to you! See you later. Percy!"

"See you later, Elle!" Percy waved goodbye to her.

Elle flashed him a smile and glanced at her with a scowl then walked away, causing Annabeth to scrunch up her nose and roll her eyes.

"Seaweed Brain?" he cocked an eyebrow at her in a response and Annabeth smiled at him, "I love you."

Annabeth then tiptoed and kissed Percy in the midst of the crowd for everyone to see—something that she never liked—but was a privilege she could do as Percy Jackson was hers, only hers.

And Elle Montgomery should know that.

[originally published on 01/10/21.]

[01/10/21] author's note! I really hate this chapter and I'm sorry for how horrible it came out!! I hope you enjoy nevertheless the quality of it! Anyways, I think I'm going to be writing in Percy's POV more than Annabeth's so the act could fully play out and besides, I really want to write in Percy's POV again! (No offense, Annabeth!) I hope everyone had a good weekend and I wish everyone a good week! thank you for reading and have a good day/night! See you guys on Friday! Till, next time-Much Love, Lucinda! 💙