xxxi. Hey Buddy!

xxxi. Hey Buddy!

It was early December: the weather had got colder, streets were festively decorated, everyone was getting ready for festival holidays, and Annabeth loved everything about it

It was early December: the weather had got colder, streets were festively decorated, everyone was getting ready for festival holidays, and Annabeth loved everything about it. She always enjoyed the holidays and winter break, but was anxious about her many, many midterms. Yet, today wasn't the day to dwell on them. Because Thalia Grace was arriving in NYC!!

"Her flight is here at 5pm without any delay, so we should go to the airport at 3 because traffic," explained Annabeth to her dad at breakfast, "Does that sounds good?"

"Yes, it sounds good," nodded Frederick and she smiled. "Have—"

"Bobby! Why are you whining?!" scolded Helen.

"I wanted orange juice!" Cried Bobby, pouting. "You said I could drink orange juice-"

"Fine!" Said Helen. "One cup, that's all, it has too much sugar."

"Yay!" Exclaimed Bobby. "Orange juice! Orange juice-"

Helen poured the cup of orange juice then sighed and continued her breakfast.

"As I was saying," Frederick chuckled at Annabeth, "Have you clean your bedroom? Thalia is staying in your room."

"Yes, I have," answered Annabeth, then asked, "But do you know where the sleepover bags are? I can't find it anywhere."

"It's in the twins' room," Annabeth nodded at her step-mom who then winced, "Bobby, god, you're spilling orange juice over the new shirt that I got from Kohls! Bobby, stop drinking the cup! Mathew, stop laughing!"

Annabeth bit her lips to stop chuckling and excused herself from the table. Annabeth then checked the time and beamed, excited that she was finally seeing Thalia after six months in just seven hours.

At 3pm, she and her dad headed to JFK airport while Helen and the twins stayed home. They eventually arrived and Annabeth texted Thalia as she and her dad walked to the gate.

Thalia 🎄✨⭐️
Are guys here??
I don't know what I'm doing

Oh, Thals
We are almost here!!
Can wait to see your face!

Thalia 🎄✨⭐️
Oh okay, thank god
It's way colder than San Francisco
so glad that I brought my leather jacket

Yeah, you're going to get used it :)

Thalia 🎄✨⭐️
Can't wait to enjoy the New York life
Ughh
I'm going have to stop texting bc my phone is about to die

Oh, okay!
We're almost at your gate!

Annabeth looked up from her phone with a smile and her gaze wandered.

Her father chuckled softly, "It's been a while, hasn't it, Annabeth?"

Annabeth laughed, "Yes, it's been a while—I can't wait to see her again."

Her eyes lit up when she saw the black-haired girl sitting with her luggage and smiles formed on both of their faces when their eyes met and they ran to one another, tackling each other in a hug. They pulled away and walked to the car to make it on time for dinner.

Thalia smirked, "Annabeth Chase, it's been forever since I seen you! And as always, you looks so pretty, your Seaweed Brain is lucky."

Annabeth blushed, "How is the infamous Thalia Grace doing?"

"Well, she's very tired and hungry," Thalia laughed, "But also very excited to be New York. I can't wait to spend the holidays with you."

"Me too," smiled Annabeth then exclaimed as they walked back to the car, "You're going to love New York City! It's fun and you can go whenever you want! Also, I can't wait for you to meet Percy! He's very excited to meet you."

"I am," smirked Thalia, "I have heard a lot about him and they're all good things, so I'm going to be brutally honest with you if I don't like him for whatever reason."

"I doubt you won't like him," Annabeth chuckled, "After all, he's Percy Jackson and he's very kind, caring—Thalia!"

"Nope, not this again!" Thalia began walking faster, leaving Annabeth behind, "I have already about wonderful Percy Jackson is over the phone like fifty different times and I'm not going to hear it in real life!"

Annabeth laughed and quickly caught up with her best friend, "But it's true!"

Oh, how much Annabeth Chase has missed Thalia Grace.

[originally published on 11/26/20 && formerly titled Thanks For The Memories.]

[11/26/20] author's note! Welcome to the start of act three with this lengthy chapter! I wish that everyone enjoyed this chapter and I hope it wasn't too long for you guys! Hopefully you guys will join me in act three of False God! I realized that I had end my acts during the holidays (act two started on Halloween and act three started on thanksgiving!) I wonder when act three will end! Haha! Thank you for reading and I hope you guys have a good day/night! I love you guys! Till next time-Much Love, Lucinda! 💙