xl. Good Day

xl. Good Day

Last night, Annabeth had watched the snowfall in amazement before falling asleep and when she woke up this morning, it looked like winter wonderland outside and she loved everything about it—not even day two of exams could disturb her serenity

Annabeth happily sighed as soon as she left Goode High School after the exams period (for day two) were concluded to be over and waited for Percy who had to talk to his English teacher about his paper.

As she waited, she softly smiled, remembering the video that Percy had sent her of Estelle excitedly jumping and down and squealing as the snow fell then shivered from the cold and hugged herself from warmth.

"Are you okay, Annabeth? What's wrong?" she felt his arms wrapped around her and he guessed, "Are you cold?"

Annabeth sheepishly nodded and he just chuckled and they started walking to his apartment. She smiled, feeling Percy's warmth heat her up. It no longer felt like winter—instead, it always felt like summer whenever she touched Percy.

"Are you feeling better now, Annabeth? Do you still feel cold?" he asked halfway on their walk.

"Yes, much better," she kissed his cheeks, "All thanks to you."

Percy sheepishly smiled, his cheeks red either from the cold or comment (who knows), and asked, "Hey, Annabeth, I know you were planning to study from your midterms, but I was thinking we could help Estelle build snowmen outside the apartment complex—that's if you want to."

"Of course, I would love to," Annabeth exclaimed, "That's so adorable! I love her."

"Don't we all?" grinned Percy.

"Seaweed Brain, are you jealous?" Annabeth smirked, "Because if you were, I wouldn't blame you at all."

"No, not really," Percy laughed, "Everyone loves Estelle and she loves everyone. I mean, she charmed a rich businessman—I think his name was Poseidon or something like that—to donate a lot of money to her for her charity buy a Barbie Dreamhouse when she was a lot younger."

"Oh, really? Good for her!" she then joked, "Like Poseidon as in the Greek sea god?"

"I know you were going to say that," Percy chuckled then shrugged. "Maybe he is the sea god—for all we know—and he probably has demigod kids too."

"Like that demigod series with the son of Poseidon and Daughter of Athena!!" Exclaimed Annabeth, her eyes widened. "I always wonder if that world actually existed..."

"Probably," Percy winked, "But we'll never know."

They happily sighed, walking into warm Percy's apartment complex, and headed to his apartment.

"Okay, Wise Girl, calm down," Percy laughed as he unlocked the door. "You're going to see Estelle like literally in—"

"Hurry up, Seaweed Brain!" she exclaimed, laughing. "I need to get my daily dose of Estelle or I'm not going to be okay...ah!"

Annabeth went inside and Estelle immediately greeted her with a hug.

"I miss you, Annabeth!" exclaimed Estelle.

"I miss you too, Estelle," responded Annabeth excitedly, "It's been forever since I have last seen you."

"You guys saw each other yesterday..." snorted Percy as he walked to his kitchen to grab a water bottle. "But okay..."

Annabeth narrowed her eyes at Percy and playfully said, "You're just salty that I'm not like that with you."

"Maybe, I am," he cheekily smiled.

After she and Percy got settled down, Estelle asked if they all could play in the snow and build snowmen (obviously she and Percy agreed).

"The snow people!!!" Exclaimed Estelle, jumping up and down. "Anniebeth, you have to meet Jason, Pips, and Thalley-they're outside! I hope that they aren't dead...because that would be sad."

Annabeth furrowed her eyebrows and nodded though she was confused, "Yes, that would be sad."

She then looked at Percy for a explanation and he said, "Oh, shoot, I forgot to mention, but did you see the three snowmen outside. Well, Estelle created them last night."

"Oh, really?" she looked at Estelle and gave her a thumbs-up, "They looked very cute and good."

"Thank you! I'm going to get the supplies then we can go out!" Annabeth chuckled as Estelle rushed around the apartment.

She then looked at Percy as he quietly whispered into her ear, "Estelle wanted to make a snowman for her favorite people-don't worry, she is going to add us later."

"Aw, that's so cute. She's such an angel."

"I know right? I feel like I have the best sibling ever!"

"Oh, you definitely do."

By now, the sun was setting and the three of them spent the past hour or so creating more snowmen to join Talley, Jason, and Pips.

It was funny, seeing her friends as snowmen with the accessories that Estelle had made for them: Jason had a make-shift lighting bolt along with a top hot, Pips had a flower crown on her head and purple scarf, and Thalley had a halo that made it look like an angel (which was ironic Thalia Grace was far away from being an angel).

When she and Percy created their snowmen, they made sure that their twig hands were touching as if they were holding hands and while Annabeth texted Thalia about how fun her day was, she felt a snowball hit her back and turned around to see Percy's mischievous grin and he threw another one at her.

"Oh, you really want to do this? You're so on!" she smirked.

They then spent the next a couple of minutes having a snowball fight while Estelle watched, laughing.

Eventually, they called a truce and went inside for some hot cocoa and to also study for their midterms (one more day!).

Annabeth and Percy headed to his bedroom and she sighed, realizing how damp she had became from snow as she stripped out of her soaked long sleeve and changed into Percy's hoodie and sweatpants.

"Seaweed Brain, you got me wet," Annabeth nonchalantly said.

Her eyes then widened at her words had implied and she could already sense the suggestive comment her boyfriend was going to say. 

"Oh? I did," he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck, "But not in a way I would have prefer."

Annabeth blushed then reminded the jet-blacked haired boy, "We have to study, Percy."

"How about we forget about studying and just cuddle? Doesn't that sound nice?"

"Yes, it really does," she laughed and ruffled his hair, "But, unfortunately, I'll have to reject that proposal."

He pouted and nuzzled his head into her shoulder, causing her to softly smile.

"One more day, Percy, and I promise I'll be all yours."

[originally published on 12/17/20 && formerly titled as never forget you.]

[12/17/20] author's note! Uhhh, so, I did something and may you guys not be mad with me! I'll be honest with you-this wasn't the route I was planning to talk yet I'm here now! Tomorrow is my last day of school then I'm on my winter break! Good luck to anyone who has to do big tests/exam! <3 I hope everyone had a good Thursday! Thank you for reading and have a good day/night! Much Love, Lucinda! 💙