lix. Lover Project Pt: I

Valentine's Day was around the corner, and Percy felt anxious, not knowing what to do

Valentine's Day was around the corner, and Percy felt anxious, not knowing what to do. All Percy knew it was supposed to be romantic, and he was pretty clueless when it came to romantic stuff. He hasn't even asked out Annabeth on a date yet. Percy never really gave a second thought about Valentine's Day, but it was different this year as Aphrodite had taken an interest in him...

Percy knew that many people in his school always wanted to catch his attention—from the way they may accidentally drop their stuff in front of him, bump into them, and etcetera. They were all try-hard—and ironically, the person who did catch his eyes—didn't have to try at all.

Maybe it was the way he had seen the tint of red on her cheeks when he had said that cheesy pickup line or was it the glint in her dark grey eyes that made Percy pull toward her. Or maybe it was just that they were meant to be.

Or not to be. Percy didn't know anymore. His thoughts were blurred from Elle's dark brown eyes that shimmered in the dark from the night that they spent together and held a sort of intoxication in them—keeping him a trace of "playfully jokes."

His sea-green eyes flickered when Percy could hear his name being called, and his head snapped toward the voice. Percy paused, putting their Lover Project on top of his car, and watched as Elle walked over to him.

Her dyed red hair bounced up and down in a low ponytail, and Percy could see the outline of her earrings swayed side to side in the wind. Elle wore a white turtleneck with light blue skinny jeans and white heel stock boots.

"Oh, Percy!" Said, Elle. "I'm so glad that you brought the Lover Project with you—I was afraid that you didn't bring it with you."

Percy chuckled and shook his head. He said, "My mom wouldn't let me leave the house till she knew that I had it with me and besides I can't really forget this."

Elle had gone overboard with the decorations on their Lover Project that held their love letters—as Elle liked to call it—and glued red and pink pom-pom that covered the glittery entire white box. Percy still could find glitter in his bedroom.

"Haha," Blushed Elle and sheepishly chuckled. "Sorry."

Percy laughed and quickly reassured. "No, it's fine—I like how it turned out very much."

Elle smiled and nodded. He glanced around the block where many students were quickly filling the sidewalk—surely, Annabeth could be somewhere in the crowd. Percy turned around, and he raised an eyebrow at Elle.

Elle was biting her lips while staring at him intensely like she was thinking about something. She was rocking the heel of her boots so fast that Elle stumbled forward. Percy quickly caught her from falling face-first onto the ground.