xxiii. Gorgeous

xxiii. Gorgeous

When her eyes fluttered opened, Annabeth began to panic, not recognizing her bedroom, then realized she had stayed over at Percy

When her eyes fluttered opened, Annabeth began to panic, not recognizing her bedroom, then realized she had stayed over at Percy. A smile formed on her face as she glanced beside her, seeing a mop of messy black hair of the boy she loves and feeling his lips on her neck. Annabeth tried to sit up, but that only Percy to groan tighten his arms around her and she flopped back onto the bed.

"Percy..." she whispered, unwrapping his arms around her and softly brushing aside his hair.

"It's not time to wake up yet...!" groaned Percy, pulling her closer to him. "It's too early."

She laughed and checked the time on her phone, "It's just 6:12 am."

"6:12?" exclaimed Percy groggily. "I usually wake up at 6:45-this is too early."

Annabeth blushed, "I usually wake up at 5:00...this is probably the latest I woke up."

"Wow, I could never," he chuckled then kissed her cheeks, "But, c'mon, do you really have to wake up this early—let's sleep in or at least, cuddle? It's too early and I won't let you get of this bed."

"Fine...let's cuddle."

After fifteen minutes of cuddling (Annabeth had to convince Percy with a lot of kisses), they got ready for school; because she didn't have any fresh clothes to wear, she wore her jeans from yesterday (that was washed that last night) and Percy's hoodie.

"Hey, you look nice in my hoodies," smiled Percy, walking into his room after she told him she was dressed, "You can steal anyone of them, I don't mind."

Annabeth blushed, "Really?"

"Really," he smirked, messing with his hair, then informed her, "Breakfast is done."

After they finished their blueberry pancakes, they left for school. The cold late November wind greeted them and they breathed the petrichor, intertwining their hands.

"So, did you sleep well?" smirked Percy. "Because I did."

"Yes, I did," she sheepishly nodded, "We should...sleep together again. It was very nice—I like waking up beside you."

His smirk softened into a smile, "Me too. Hey, do you wanna go somewhere after school ends?"

"Like a date?" her eyes gleamed.

"Yes, like a date," smiled Percy, tucking her strand of hair behind her ears. "Have I ever mentioned how pretty you are?—You're so gorgeous that Aphrodite has competition."

Annabeth laughed with a blush, "No one likes liars, Percy."

"I'm not lying, Annabeth," he became serious, "I'm not lying when I say that you're the prettiest girl I ever seen and I love you."

[originally published on 11/14/20 && formerly titled The 1. Also, yes, your 2020 writing sucks, 2020 Lucinda :), but it's ok, it's better now.]

[11/14/20] author's note! my writing sucks lmaoo-to me, it's feel like the chapters aren't make sense anymore but I dunno-it's probably just me because I'm the author of this story and I can criticize myself to full extent. Haha, anyways, happy Saturday everyone, and I hope you guys enjoyed this low-key boring (?) chapter of False God! Have a good day/night! Much love, Lucinda! 🙃✨💙