xli. Paper Rings

xli. Paper Rings

When the clock struck noon, everyone cheered as it concluded the final day of midterms and the beginning of winter break

When the clock struck noon, everyone cheered as it concluded the final day of midterms and the beginning of winter break. And that meant Annabeth could hang out with Percy and Estelle and she was excited to enjoy her first holidays in Manhattan.

Her grey eyes wandered about New York City and she smiled. Annabeth never thought she would love this city as much as she actually did—it was all thanks to Percy.

She waited for her boyfriend outside of Goode High School while listening to Dancing With Our Hands Tied and gazing around with her hands shoved deep into her cardigan.

I, I loved you in spite of
deep fears that the world would divide us
So, baby, can we dance
Oh, through an avalanche?—

Annabeth quickly took out of her headphones as she spotted Percy, however, her smile faltered, noticing Elle with him.

Elle and Percy were laughing about something and they grinned to one another afterwards. Annabeth then plastered a smile when Elle greeted her.

"Well, I'm going to go, Percy! Text me over break! You and Annabeth have a good winter break! Cya Elle waved goodbye and walked away.

"Cya!"

Percy greeted her with a kiss, "Sorry, Annabeth! I didn't mean to make you wait! I bumped into Elle on my way out and we began talking about winter break and got bit distracted!"

"It's fine," she reassured and intertwined their fingers with a smile, "Let's go home and start our winter break, shall we?"

"We shall," he nodded and they began walking.

Midway on their walk, Annabeth gazed at Percy and softly smiled, feeling her love for Percy overtake her.
They stopped walking and Percy raised an eyebrow at her.

"What is it, wise girl?" frowned Percy. "Is everything alright—"

Instead of answering him, Annabeth tiptoed and kissed Percy, leaving him dumbfounded and flushed.

"Of course, everything is alright," Annabeth then shrugged, "Besides the fact that I might have failed my midterms."

"I doubt you fail it," chuckled Percy, "I should be the one who is worrying because I have a greater chance of failing while you probably aced it all."

"Who know," she blushed, "Anyways, let's not talk about exams anymore! It's winter break!"

"Yes, it is," Percy grinned.

"I think that when we arrive at your apartment, I'm going to take a nap to relieve my stress and besides, I'm tired," Annabeth informed.

"Well," Percy smirked, "I think I have a better way to relieve the stress."