xxxii. We Go

xxxii. We Go

When her eyes fluttered open, Annabeth groaned from the sunlight that shone through the window and sat up in her bed; she immediately touched her  cheeks and realized she have been crying due to her dream

When her eyes fluttered open, Annabeth groaned from the sunlight that shone through the window and sat up in her bed; she immediately touched her cheeks and realized she have been crying due to her dream. In her dreams, she broke up with Percy in a garden—in Central Park—near the fountain and she had just done it while sobbing. Though it was just a dream, Annabeth couldn't help but think about what if she had to break up with Percy?!

Annabeth tried to control her shaky breathing and got ready for the day, smiling. Today was a exciting day! Thalia was going to meet Percy!

Dressed in high-waisted blue jeans and a black drop shoulder long sleeve shirt. Annabeth chuckled at Thalia who was still fast asleep in her bed and wondered on whether to wake the girl up or not.

Annabeth knew Helen was going to come in to make sure they're awake, her step-mom never let anyone sleep past noon, says it's better for your health.

She smirked, knowing how to wake up her best friend, and tickled the girl's nose with her pom-pom pen. Annabeth then giggled as Thalia swatted the pen away and groaned.

"Wake up, Thals," laughed Annabeth.

"What time is it?" Thalia shielded her face away from the sun. "God..."

"It's about 11:15," Annabeth exclaimed, "Wake up!"

"No, it's too early," whined Thalia, "Please five more minutes—"

Annabeth shook her head with a laugh, "No!! Remember you're meeting Percy and we're going to show you around Manhattan! Wake up!!"

Thalia fell silent then looked at Annabeth with widened eyes, "Wait. Am I going to be third-wheeling because if so—I don't want to go..."

"You're not," Annabeth rolled her eyes with a smile, "I promise."

"Alright," Thalia got out of bed then scowled, "Just don't do any mushy and cute stuff in front of me, please."

"That...I can't promise," she winked.

Helen's eyes widened at Thalia as she and Annabeth walked into the dining room for breakfast. "Aren't you going to be cold, Thalia?"

Thalia looked down at her outfit: she wore a cropped band tee and ripped jeans with her signature leather jacket.

"Nope, I don't think so," she shook her head and Helen nodded unconvinced.

"Are they okay?" Annabeth furrowed her eyebrows at her brothers who sadly ate, "They look depressed."

Helen sighed and shook her head. "It's only because I refused to let them drink orange juice."

Annabeth and Thalia got up to get their breakfast and Bobby's eyes gleamed, watching as Thalia take out the bottle of orange juice.

"Orange juice, orange juice, orange juice-" Chanted Bobby, whining. "Mommy-!"