lii. Flirtatious Winks

The January wind swayed his jet black hair wildly around and a cold breeze blew past him, causing him to tug his warm, dark blue jacket closer to him

The January wind swayed his jet black hair wildly around and a cold breeze blew past him, causing him to tug his warm, dark blue jacket closer to him. He leaned against the railing and listened to the music as he awaited Annabeth.

A smile formed on his face as he spotted Elle and watched as she made a beeline for him. They greeted one another and she flashed him a flirtatious smile and Percy frowned.

"I have a girlfriend, Elle," he reminded.

"Don't worry, I know, Percy," smirked Elle, "I won't do anything! Annabeth is sweet and I wouldn't want to take her boyfriend from her...I'm not that type of girl!"

"You don't seem like the type," commented Percy with a kind smile. "You're sweet and a good person; you wouldn't still steal someone's boyfriend."

"Yeah, I wouldn't," Elle chuckled then exclaimed, "Anyways, shall we go inside? It's quite cold out here."

"It is," Percy nodded then shook his head, "But I'm waiting for Annabeth to arrive before going inside together."

Elle frowned, "But it's really cold out here! Knowing how much Annabeth loves you, she'll understand that you went inside instead of waiting for me. If you were my boyfriend, I would totally understand."

If you were my boyfriend...Percy's eyes widened at that but just nodded at Elle's reasoning and they went inside and headed to the cafeteria (he made sure to text Annabeth).

Percy gazed at Elle whose shoulder brushed against his as they sat down: the girl wore a playful smile and she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"What is it, Percy? Hmm?" asked Elle, raising an eyebrow, "What are you thinking about?"

He blushed, "Nothing. It's nothing, I promise."

"Sure," Elle chuckled, "Well, I'm thinking about how gorgeous your sea-green eyes are! They remind me of the sea and makes me feel at serenity. Annabeth is so lucky that she's your girlfriend!"

Percy's cheeks crimsoned and he shyly responded, "Well, I always think I'm the lucky one because I'm her boyfriend."

"Oh?" Elle looked surprised at his response then simpered, "Well, isn't that cute? I wished I had a boyfriend like you—you're the dream boy!"

Percy chuckled, "I've been told multiple times that before."

"Well, it's true," Elle giggled, "What a shame that you have a girlfriend though...I think I could be a better—I should probably get going! Annabeth is coming over!"

Before Percy could interject, Elle left and he watched as Annabeth walked over to him with furrowed eyebrows and he quickly engulfed her in a hug.

"Ah, Percy!" chuckled Annabeth as Percy let go of her. "What was that for?"