2

Reggie stood holding his bass as he talked to his best friends about the interaction that happened with the girl earlier today. He found it funny.

"But yeah, she seems nice." He said, finishing the story and Luke raised his eyebrows. "Someone has a crush." Luke teased and Reggie shook his head. "No, she just seems lonely." He stated. "Lonely? She has two other friends." Alex said and Bobby furrowed his eyebrows. "How do you know so much about her?" Bobby asked and Alex shrugged. "I don't know so much. I just see her around a lot." Alex explained.

"Guys that's enough talking about this Lydia girl, we have to practice if we want to play for spring dance." Luke said. "The dance isn't in three weeks. Chill, dude." Reggie laughed. "Have you ever heard of practice makes perfect?" Luke responded sarcastically.

He just didn't understand why his band mates, best friends were slacking just because Reggie had ran into a girl. Reggie didn't even have an interest in the girl, so why would she be the main topic when they could practice? It didn't make sense to the boy.

On the other hand, Lydia was doing the same thing while Justin and Riley were "trying" to study. "He was nice! You were right, Riley." Lydia explained and Riley looked up from her math book. "I told you they were nice, and not intimidating." She said and Lydia held her finger up. "I only bumped into Reggie, I don't know about the others." Lydia corrected the girl making her raise her hands in surrender. "Whatever you said, Lyds." Riley smiled.

"Can you help me with question eight?" Justin called out being completely in his own world. He didn't bother joining the girl talk because he would easily trigger them if he said anything wrong. He was all about football, he only hung with the girls after school if he didn't have practice.

"And who are you asking?" Riley asked making the boy sigh. "Babe, don't make it complicated, any one of you. It's two girls who knows this crap better than me." He said and plopped his face into Lydia's pillows.

"Mmhm. Your pillows smells like strawberries" Justin muffled voice came from her pillows. Riley furrowed her eyebrows whilst Lydia cringed at the boy's words. Riley's raised her finger over her mouth as her hand hovered over her boyfriends butt, and down came her hand. Harshly hitting his butt making him jump up.

"Ow!" He whined as he turned over. "You can't do that, I'm an exhausted man and I need rest." Justin said making the girls laugh. "Saying man is funny." Lydia muttered. "Didn't you say you need help with question eight?" Lydia asked and he nodded. "You'll help?" He asked and she sighed. "Fine." Lydia caved in, rolling her eyes as she read over the question.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Lydia sat at the dinner table with her mom talking about how her day at school was. She gave her the basic replies. But she was fighting the thought of telling her mom about how she ran into Reggie earlier today. But it was bugging her brain, so she decided to tell her since the table had went quiet.

"I ran into the this boy today. He's in a really cool band and he was really sweet." Lydia said, growing nervous. "Oh-you like this boy?" He mother perked up happily. "No, I just thought it was refreshing to know that he was sweet, his personality is super different from what he wears." Lydia said and laughed. "So what's the band name?" Her mother asked and her eyes widened; surprised that her mom continued the conversation without trying to get her to admit that she likes the boy, which she didn't. But her mom always seemed to insist for answers that Lydia never had.

"Sunset Curve, they're a rock band." She said and her mom nodded in response. "The whole band goes to the school. It's honestly cool to me." Lydia admitted as she put a mouth full of pasta in her mouth. "Have you talked to the band?" Her mother asked. And from there she asked multiple questions and Lydia gladly answered them. It was nice to know that they didn't need her dad for once. It was also refreshing that her mom it wasn't negative, her mom stayed positive as much as she could.

Lydia only hoped her dad was fine with his new family. She couldn't process the truth, or even process how he was able to just leave the family for another without any guilt.

To be honest, Lydia hoped that he went to sleep whilst drowning in guilt every night before he closed his eyes.

edited