20

Alex eyes were wide as the girl finished off her song. This was his first time hearing her voice, he felt special that he was the first to hear the way she sounded when she sang.

Her eyes opened to see Alex's wide smile. "That was amazing, your voice is so soft and angelic!" Alex said and she laughed and wrapped her arm around his waist and closed her eyes. "You don't understand how scared I was to sing." She said and he smiled. "You should sing, for another dance we have." He said and she hugged him tighter. "Just thinking about it scares me." Lydia said and Alex wrapped his arms around her. They stayed quiet until Lydia finally spoke up.

"Thank you for being here. If you weren't her I'd probably be balled up crying." she said as she laughed lightly and Alex smiled. "I can tell when you're upset, and I knew that Luke making out with Macey triggered you, it even triggered me too." Alex said. "Why?" She asked as she burried her head into his chest, trying to hide her tears from him. Just thinking about it made her sad. "Because, I think you guys look great together. And seeing Luke be so oblivious hurts me too." He said and she laughed, as tears still feel down her face. "You want to tell me who you were getting nice for?" Lydia mumbled into his chest as her eyes started to close, she was getting comfortable under Alex's embrace. She wanted to change the topic too.

"I met this boy named William, but he told me to call him Willie." Alex said and Lydia smiled into his chest. "Is he cute?" Lydia asked. "Very." Alex said and she laughed.

"Tell me about him." She said, as Alex rambled about Willie all she could do was smile into his chest as her eyes closed slowly. She couldn't help but feel happy for the boy.

Alex felt his eyes start to close once it fell silent, he didn't have anything better to do, and he definitely didn't want to go home. He rather stay with someone who accept him for who he was.

And with that, the two fell asleep in each other's arms.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Mercedes opened her door, it wasn't late like she always arrived, she had gotten back from a easy and early shift. "I'm home!" The woman called out to hear no response from her daughter. She placed her bag on the floor next to the door. She checked the time.

6:25pm

She sighed as she walked up the stairs and made her way to her daughter's bedroom. She saw the closed door and knocked softly. She didn't get any reply so she slowly and quietly opened the door to see her daughter and her best friend, Alex cuddled up. She smiled softly as the two and went into her bedroom grabbing the camera from her dresser.

She then walked over to her daughters room and held in her laugh as she took the picture, the Polaroid coming out.

She placed the Polaroid onto Lydia's desk and exited the room. She had to, she thought it was cute.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

12:27am

Lydia's eyes opened to see Alex still asleep next to her. She stretched as she got out of the bed and went to use the bathroom. As she came back to see Alex fully awake. "I can't believe we slept all the way until twelve." Alex said as he yawned and rubbed his eyes. "You don't think your parents will be mad if you stayed over? I don't want to be alone, because if I am it'll lead me to thinking of Luke and..." Lydia said and quickly stopped. "I get it, I'll stay. I don't think my parents will care." Alex shrugged and Lydia's heart stopped. "Alex..don't say that." Lydia said as he hugged the boy and he sighed. "It's true, and you know it." Alex said. "They care...they're just the type to not accept change, but that doesn't mean they don't care about you. Yeah it sucks, so much, but they care.." Lydia said and Alex smiled lightly. "Thanks for being here for me too, Lyds. You've really made a big difference in our life. Reggie loves you, Bobby loves you, Luke loves you. You've made our life better than you know." Alex said and she smiled.

"Same, you guys came at the right time, my friendship with my best friends were falling apart and we got closer. And I love you guys so much. You guys are truly helpful and you make me smile." Lydia stated.

They were all perfect for each other.

"I don't know how we're going to get back to sleep...we have to get up for school in six hours." Lydia said. "Let's watch our movie." Alex said and Lydia's eyes widened at the idea. The two had found out that they both shared the same liking in a movie and they then started to call it their movie.

Lydia ran to her closet, grabbing the VHS tape and taking it out of the case. "Time to watch Back to the Future." Lydia said and Alex smiled widely. "And please don't comment on how good looking Michael J. Fox is every five seconds." Alex said to the girl and she sighed. "But it's true he looks great in that movie." She said and Alex laughed. "Well I don't need to hear it every five seconds." He said and Lydia sighed. "Fine, and that goes for you too." She complained. "I don't say it all the time!" Alex defended himself."Okay Mr. Mercer." She said and eyed him. He laughed as he rolled his eyes playfully.

edited

Lydia and Alex moment!!!