14

A month past quickly before Lydia could even blink. She remembers meeting Macey, the girl was okay. But she just sent Lydia glares all the time when she saw her hanging with the boys which was weird since Lydia had done nothing to the girl.

And Macey's brother, Jason was eighteen, he was cool. He didn't really bother Lydia he just sent her smiles and waves when they saw each other in the hall. And he got on the football team surprisingly quick. Tiffany, their mom was sweet but Lydia had only interacted with her at Macey's surprise party.

Now it was Monday, after the spring dance they went on break and Lydia spent the whole break with the band and less with Riley and Justin. Justin would sometimes drop by and they would watch a movie. But other than that her break was filled with band members, smiles, and new songs.

She almost cried knowing she had to go back to school and deal with irritating teachers and Macey glaring at her 24/7.

So she got up with a frown and walked down stairs to get her a cup of water since she was dehydrated. There was an unexpected knock on her door making her jump.

She walked over to the door opening it to see Reggie and Luke. "You guys are early, like super early." Lydia nearly whined. "Well blame Luke, he woke me up at six in the morning saying 'let's go get Lydia' " Reggie said, mocking Luke's voice.

"I missed you" Luke said and grabbed her by her waist spinning her around. "We just saw each other." She said. "No we didn't, I was gone for two days!" Luke said and she thought back to her end of break. That's right. Luke got grounded Friday night and he couldn't hang out with them Saturday or Sunday.

"Oh..you're right." Lydia laughed, making Luke gasp dramatically. "You had so much fun without me! You forgot I wasn't even there." Luke said jokingly. Lydia laughed as Luke finally put her down.

"I hate being a third wheel." Reggie joked and their heads snapped towards the boy. Reggie wasn't oblivious anymore, the two had a connection and he clearly saw that.

"You aren't third wheeling, there isn't any relationship." Luke said and Lydia smile lightly faded, just a little. That hurt her to hear. She brushed the comment off as she began to speak again.

"You guys stay here I'll go get ready." Lydia said. "Bring your lyric book!" Luke yelled after her. "Fine." She said and Luke smiled.

That's a thing too, the boys found out so much about Lydia over the break, like how she could sing. They've been trying to get her to sing but she still hadn't even though her dad was sort of back into her life. They found out that she plays the piano and she currently has keyboard, because they've finally been up into her room. And they finally got look in her lyric book. They loved her songs and wanted to desperately hear her sing them, but she just was too shy. They all met her mom, they loved Lydia's mom. They also met her dad at Macey's surprise party, of course. With just a week they learned so much more about her life and it only brought them closer.

Soon Lydia came running down the stairs with her backpack, lyric book, and shoes in her hands. "I tried not to take so long." Lydia said and the boys looked over at her. "You still look crazy." Reggie joked and Luke hit his shoulder "Ow!" Reggie said. "You look amazing Lydia." Luke said and Lydia laughed. "You don't have to lie, Luke." She said and he shrugged. "I'm not lying." Luke said. "Well, thank you, Luke." she said and threw the lyric book to him. He smirked. "No, thank you." he said referring to her giving him the book.

"Hey! I don't get anything." Reggie said. "Look in the fridge." Lydia shrugged and Reggie smiled quickly going to the fridge. He grabbed a strawberry and banana smoothie in the mini bottle. "Hey, do you think mom would be mad if I drank this last drink?" Reggie turned back to look at Lydia as she put on her shoes. "No, go ahead." She said. "I want something to eat." Luke said and Lydia laughed. "Then go get something." She said and Luke smiled as she walked over to the fridge. "Hurry, we have to get Alex and Bobby too." Lydia said and Luke eyes widened.

Reggie sighed. "I forgot about them." Reggie said and Lydia laughed. "Out you go! Come on, let's go get the boys." Lydia pushed the hungry tall boys who towered over her out of her house as she closed the door and locked it after they were all out of the house.

edited