13

Luke leaned on the locker that next to Lydia's as Lydia went through her locker. She sighed deeply as she looked over to the boy. "I've been dreading to ask this." She started which gained his attention even more than before. Luke raised his eyebrow and she continued. "So my dad has a step daughter named Macey...he said her birthday is coming up and she's a fan of Sunset Curve, can you and the boys maybe surprise her?" Lydia asked and she cringed at herself and the question. "Sure-only if you're okay with that." Luke said and the girl closed her locker and closed her eyes.

"I just don't want my dad to you know...seem like a bad dad to Macey and Jason. I hate saying this, but I want him to be a better dad than he was..with me." She admitted, rolling her eyes. It only made Luke smiled softly. She was selfless. "I'll tell the boys." Luke said and she nodded. "Thank you." She said. "Of course, anything for you, Lyds." He said and her heart fluttered. Like it had been doing recently.

She knew she had felt something for the boy, but she felt like it was too soon. Either way, it didn't really matter, he was just a great person and she loved being around him.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

After school came around and Lydia really wanted to go home. She wanted to play her keyboard, write new songs, anything that could help her forget about her dad's new daughter surprise. She was willing to do anything that made her forget about everything that made her upset.

But of course she had to be stopped by her teacher to talk about how good she did on her project. She appreciated it but now was not the time and she didn't want to seem rude.

She just smiled and nodded at what her teacher said to her. Her English teacher was her favorite but she talked too much. Lydia sighed, hating to break the news to the teacher.

"I appreciate it..but I sort of have to get home quickly, my mom doesn't like when I'm home later than I should be." Lydia said and her teacher placed her hand over her heart. "I'm sorry dear, I'll let you go, see you tomorrow." She spoke and Lydia smiled as she walked away.

She felt bad for lying to the teacher but she didn't want to be at school, she hated school even if she did decent in each class. It was just frustrating.

As she almost made it out of the school her name was called and she turned around to see Riley.

Riley smirked as she walked up to her. "So, you and cute blue eyed band boy together?" Riley asked and Lydia eyes widened. "W-what are you talking about?" Lydia asked taken back by the certain question. "You two were cuddling at lunch, Justin and I saw." Riley smiled as she nudged Lydia's shoulder. "And don't think I didn't see him at the locker with you during passing period." Riley said and Lydia rolled her eyes playfully. "He's just a close friend, he was comforting me after I told the boys about my dad and Macey." she said and Riley eyes widened.

"You told them about your dad?" Riley asked shocked. "Yeah, well I mean they were going to find out eventually, they have to surprise Macey after all." she said and Riley nodded. "You could of lied..." Riley said."Why are you against me telling the boys about my dad?" Lydia questioned. "Well maybe because you just met them!" Riley said. "Well they're trustworthy and sweet. It feels like I've known them since forever." Lydia defended them. "Well you haven't." Riley said whilst crossing her arms. "And you haven't known those boxed dyed blondes for forever and I'm pretty sure you told them some things!" Lydia argued back, Riley looked down. "But they're girls." Riley said. "Yeah, popular girls who are less trustworthy! Each and every one of them has started drama at this school. And if you end up in the drama it's all on you." Lydia said and Riley looked at her in disbelief. "And when you have dirt on you..don't think I'll help dust it off." Riley said rudely and Lydia scoffed at Riley's dumb words.

"What was the point of this? Do you not realize how stupid this is? You're picking an argument with me even though you've been such a bad friend. I don't need this right." Lydia said as she walked off.

Lydia always found herself being mad at Riley whilst Justin was never in the picture anymore. Then the boys will be there to cheer her up, though. It was beginning to be normal at this point.

And even though Riley was right about only knowing the boys for a bit, they were way more trustworthy than those girls Riley hung around.

She couldn't believe how Riley was acting, she was beginning to be rude to Lydia. It was like she was picking up her new friends rude ways. And honestly Lydia wouldn't be surprised if Riley showed up with blonde hair the next day.

edited

NO HATE TO GIRLS WHO BOX BLEACH THEIR HAIR.💀