21

Popcorn was spilled on Lydia's bed in between the two as they woke up to Lydia's loud alarm clock. The girl instantly hit the top of the clock and groaned. "Alex, we have 30 minutes until Reggie arrives." Lydia said as she nudged the boy. "I don't think staying up then falling asleep last minute was the best idea." Alex said and she laughed.

"I have to change." Alex whined. "After I change we can head over to yours." She said and Alex nodded as Lydia grabbed her clothes and walked over to her bathroom quickly brushing her teeth, washing her face, getting dressed and combing her hair as she put it in a ponytail.

She then exit the bathroom and grabbed her things quickly. "Get up Alex, we have to go to yours then come back here." She said and the boy sighed as he got back up. His shoes and backpack were already on so he grabbed his hat and put in on lazily and they headed out.

As the boy made it to his house Lydia stopped as he opened the door and he looked back at her. "What are you doing?" He asked "I'm waiting." She said. "Lyds you can come in." He chuckled. "But you're parents-" Alex cut the girl off . "They won't yell at me if they see someone with me." He stated and Lydia nodded as she walked behind the boy. "Alex Mercer where have you...oh, you brought over a girl.." His dad started scolding him but he stopped once he noticed Lydia's presence, Lydia wanted to roll her eyes at how that just went down.

"I was over at Lydia's and we fell asleep, sorry I didn't call." Alex said and his dad didn't do anything but nod. Alex went upstairs and Lydia waved towards his dad as she followed the boy upstairs.

She entered his room as she smiled. It was clean, smelled like his cologne, had posters up. His bed wasn't made. It was normal, she expected it to be more messy. But it was totally different. But then again, it was Alex. The only boy with sense in the friend group.

"I love your room, you should invite me over more." Lydia said and Alex threw off his jean jacket, hoodie, and shirt. Lydia laughed at how careless the boy was because he was tired. "Hey, I was thinking that I could come to and watch you guys practice, it's been a while.." Lydia said as she looked around. "Of course, you don't even need to ask anymore, Lyds. You're technically apart of the band." He said and she smiled.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Alex and Lydia sat out front watch as Reggie and Luke pulled up front, Reggie yelled once he saw that Alex was still with the girl. "He even got to stay over!?" Reggie asked and she laughed as they walked towards the car. Lydia sat in the backseat with Luke, and Alex. Now on their way to pick up Bobby.

"I even got to hear her sing!" Alex said, wanting to make them jealous on purpose. Lydia's eyes widened. "What!" Luke and Reggie yelled in unison. Luke looked over to the girl who was sitting in the middle. "How come he was the first one to hear you sing?" Luke whined and she laughed. "Because, I was finally in the mood to sing, and he comforted me." She explained. "So you're saying I don't comfort you?" Luke asked with his eyebrows furrowed. "You do, but it was just in that moment I need comfort and he asked me nicely." Lydia continued to explain. "I always ask nicely!" Reggie called. Luke rested his chin on Lydia's shoulder. "Please sing for me, Lyds." Luke begged and she smiled.

She turned to him, their noses touching. "Please." He asked and she could feel his minty breathe on her lips. "Maybe." She said as she felt her heart flutter.

They stared in each other's eyes until the car honked and they jumped apart and she looked over to Alex to see the boy wiggling his eyebrows at her and she laughed.

"What are you laughing at?" Luke asked. "Nothing." She said and he raised an eyebrow. "Are you keeping secrets from me?" Luke asked as he wrapped his arms around her waist. And brought her closer. "I missed you, you didn't talk to me yesterday.." Luke said and she though back to yesterday. "I know, and I'm sorry. But good thing is that I'm coming to practice with you guys today." Lydia revealed Luke smiled. "Good." Luke said and she smiled.

edited